Chapter 5 - Love?

It had been a week since the UK Grand Prix and since then I have avoided Carlos in every way, even if mk wrote on Instagram. He probably found my account or my brother told him.
It was a Friday, and I was getting ready to go to school to teach the children, until I received a text from an unknown number.
“Hi lindo, it's me Carlos, I wanted to know why you don't reply to messages on Instagram” I stared at the message that had come to me from my lock screen with a photo of me and Lando when I graduated from college.
"He seems desperate, plus how the fuck did he-... Oh right, my brother" I muttered and then sighed heavily. I'll think about it later, I have to go to work. And so I ignored the message and went to work.

(After work)

I left the school while I was checking the tests I had made the children do when I noticed Carlos leaning on a Ferrari 812 GTS. What was he doing here?
As soon as Carlos noticed me looking at him he approached with a smirk.
"Your brother told me where you work, and I thought I'd take you on a date." He said in his Spanish accent.
"Date? I can't now, I have to correct the tests of some of my students" I said as I showed him the tests.
"You can do it later, now get in the car, lindo" He replied as he dragged me to the car and then helped me get into the car.

(Lunch)

We were in my favorite restaurant and I was in disbelief since we parked out front.
“Did my brother tell you everything about me or what?” I looked at him as I spoke.
"Actually no, it would have been... strange... I talked to your friend Aurora, she's a good girl" He said smiling.
Why did I feel like butterflies in my stomach? I feel flattered and happy that he is taking an interest in me...is this what love is...? The one that drives you crazy and makes you do crazy things...? I haven't felt these emotions since I was in high school...
“I see…” I muttered as I ate some of the sushi I ordered.
"You know, it's funny that you like fish and Lando doesn't, and siente twin brothers" He chuckled as he ate too.
That laugh was... cute... God, this is all so strange.
"After lunch do you want to go to the amusement park? I know we're a little "old", but it seemed nice to take you there" He smiled as he looked at me.
“Sure…” I gave a small smile as I finished eating.

(At the amusement park)

Ever since we arrived he had insisted on holding my hand and said we should stay together, and I was blushing.
"You're adorable when you blush" He said teasing me with a small smile.
“T-thank you…” I stuttered as I turned my head to the side.
Carlos stopped at a certain point, stood in front of me and turned my face so I was looking at him.
"You still owe me a kiss from last Sunday" He smirked as he approached me.
I blushed like crazy. "Y-yeah.. and-so...?" I stammered shyly.
"I want that kiss" He whispered as he moved closer and closer until our lips met in a sweet kiss.
We made out for a while until we were interrupted by a voice.
"Carlos?? Matthew??" The stranger said.
God... I know that voice... So I turned around and noticed my brother looking at us in shock.

(Later in the day)

And now here we are, sitting at a café with Carlos explaining everything while I looked at my brother anxiously.
"...and that's all, I just want to tell you that even though I've only known your brother for a short time and we haven't met in the best way, I love him" I heard him say to my brother.
Wait, what? He loves... me?
Wow... I never expected that...
"So you love him, huh? Fine, I'll take whatever you want, but if you hurt my brother you'll regret Carlos" Lando said seriously to Carlos and then left.
"Well, it went better than I thought" Carlos told me smiling.
“Yeah, I guess,” I murmured while still a little shocked by what Carlos had said.

But what does this mean now? Does that mean we are... something?