𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

2018:

Asher refreshes his screen again as he checks his inbox once again for the cast list of Starkid's next musical, The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals.

Asher groans loudly and flops himself onto his couch. Asher's boyfriend, Robert Manion rolls his eyes at Asher and begins to mess with his partner's hair.

"Ash, you have to be patient, it takes time to get this shit out." Robert chuckles softly and plants a kiss on Asher's forehead.

Asher rolls his eyes and sits up quickly. He refreshes his inbox again and gasps quickly.

Asher stands up quickly and taps onto the e-mail that reads:

The Guy Who Didn't Like Musicals Cast List

Jon Matteson as Paul Matthews

Harper Richter as Emma Perkins/Ensemble

Joey Richter as Ted Spankoffski/Ensemble

Astrid Abbot as Charlotte Sweetly/Deb

Lauren Lopez as Nora/Ensemble

Correy Dorris as Bill Woodward/Ensemble

Milo Richter as Alice Woodward/Hot Chocolate Boy

Robert Manion as Professor Hidgens

Mariah Rose Faith Casillas as Zoey Chambers/Ensemble

Asher Saunders as Mr.Davidson/Sam Sweetly

Jeff Blim as General MacNamara/Ensemble

As Asher reads the last of the cast list, he plops back onto the couch and pulls Robert into a hug.

Robert lets out a low chuckle, "I'm gonna guess you are happy with your role?" he asked.

Asher smiles widely and shoves his phone into Robert's face. He stands up again and begins to excitedly bounce up and down.

Robert rolls his eyes and reads the cast list as well. Once he's done, he sighs and places Asher's phone on the couch. Robert stands up and wraps his arms around Asher's waist.

Asher smiles and turns to face Robert. "Oh! To celebrate, how 'bout we invite the cast and we have a party. Y'know before we actually have to focus and get the show ready? I mean I haven't hung out with Milo, Astrid, or Harper in like forever so it'd be pretty cool-" Asher says but is interrupted by a sudden kiss from Robert.

Robert pulls away from the kiss and cups Asher's cheeks softly "How about instead, me and you celebrate in a slightly...different way?" he smirks mischievously and raises his eyebrows playfully.

Asher pulls away from Rob and grabs his phone, "No, Robert. We did that yesterday, and the past couple of days. I wanna hang out with our friends, and if you don't, that's fine, I can hang out with them by myself." he mutters and begins to text his closest friend, Harper Richter.

  ִֶָ 𓂃˖˳·˖ ִֶָ ⋆★⋆ ִֶָ˖·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ

Harper was laying on her bed, still processing that she had just been cast as her boyfriend's love interest in the next Starkid show.

Harper's phone dings and she quickly picks it up to see who texted her. It was none other than Asher Saunders, her best friend since they were in college.

As Harper reads Asher's text, her boyfriend, Jon Matteson walks into the bedroom and plops down on the bed next to her.

"Whatcha lookin' at, Harps?" Jon asks, with a small smile on his face.

Harper grins, "Oh! It was Ash, he was wondering if we wanted to do like a celebratory pre-first rehearsal cast party, we used to do them all the time. But ever since Ash got with...Nevermind that but, would you be okay with going out tonight, I know we just went out the other night but I haven't seen Ash, Milo, or Astrid in forever and I miss them so much."

Jon smiles and kisses Harper on the cheek, "Yes, of course we can hang out with them. I haven't even met Asher yet, but from what you've told me, he seems like a really cool guy."

Harper giggles with excitement, "Yay! Oh I can't wait to see them all again, you're gonna love Asher" she smiles and places a kiss on Jon's forehead.

Harper gets up and begins walking to her closet, "Okay, well I should probably start getting ready. And you should too." she smiles back at Jon.

Jon rolls his eyes playfully and gets up as well, "Okay, I'll head back to mine to get ready and then you text me whenever you're ready to go and I'll come pick you up, Ok?" he asks.

Harper nods, even though she looks like she's already enthralled in her head, trying to pick out the perfect outfit for tonight.

ִֶָ 𓂃˖˳·˖ ִֶָ ⋆★⋆ ִֶָ˖·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ

2 Hours Later:

Asher was fixing his shirt once again in his bathroom mirror when he felt his boyfriend's arms wrap around his waist.

Robert turns Asher around and pulls him into a kiss, once he pulls away he fixes Asher's shirt, "You missed a button again, dumbass." he chuckles lowly.

Asher groans and walks out of the bathroom, "It's fine, I'm already running late as is" he checks his phone anxiously.

Asher jumps slightly and runs into the living room, quickly slipping his shoes on and grabbing his wallet, "Shit! Milo and Lauren just got there, I gotta go."

Asher stops before he exits the apartment and turns to face his boyfriend, "Are you sure you don't wanna come? I'm sure everyone will wanna see you again, it's been forever since we've seen them." he walks up to Robert and cups his cheeks.

Robert nods and kisses Asher's forehead, "I'm sure, as long as you remember the rules and don't break them, okay?" he smiles.

Asher nods, "Yeah, of course, I'll remember them." he smiles and walks back to the front door of the apartment.

"Okay, I'm gonna head out, and if you change your mind about this, you can always come join, they wouldn't mind and I don't either." Asher smiles, he blows a kiss at Rob and then exits his apartment.