𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

2 Weeks Later:

Asher and Robert get out of Asher’s car, Asher rushes to the front door of the rehearsal room. Today was finally the day of the first rehearsal for ‘The Guy Who Didn’t Like Musicals’.

Asher rocked back and forth on his feet as he anxiously waited for Robert to join him.

“It’s just the first rehearsal, Ash, we’re probably not going to be doing a lot today. Maybe a read-through at best.” Robert comments as he joins Asher by the rehearsal room door.

Asher rolls his eyes playfully, “I know, but I’m so excited to start a new Starkid show” he claps excitedly.

Asher pulls open the door and drags Robert into the rehearsal room.

When they enter, Asher looks around and sees little to no people in the room. There are only four people in the room, those people being Nick and Matt Lang, Matt Dahan, and Jeff Blim.

Nick looks up at Asher and Robert, he smiles wide and says, “Oh, hey Ash, you guys are a little early but feel free to go ahead and sit down.”

Asher smiles shyly, he drags Robert over to some folding chairs and they both sit down.

After waiting for half an hour, everybody eventually trickles into the rehearsal room. Once everyone arrives, Nick and Matt start handing out the scripts.

Once they’re done, Nick says, “Okay, now that everyone has their scripts, lets go around in a circle and say your names and who you’re playing.”

The group all follow Nick's instructions. Once they’re done, they begin doing a read-through of the show.

ִֶָ 𓂃˖˳·˖ ִֶָ ⋆★⋆  ִֶָ˖·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ

2 Hours Later:

After they finish the read-through, everyone files out of the rehearsal room and they all head to their cars.

Asher and Robert are about to get into Asher’s car when Harper comes running over saying, “Wait, Ash. Are you and Robert gonna come to Milo’s party tonight?” she asks.

Asher is about to answer when Robert interrupts him and says, “No, we can’t make it tonight, me and Ash are going out, maybe next time though.”

Asher nods, agreeing with Robert. Harper smiles softly, “Okay, have fun then. Maybe one night we could have a fun little double date with us and Jon?”

Asher nods, “Yeah, that’d be really fun” Harper nods and gives Asher a quick hug before running off to get in her car.

Asher and Robert get into the car and begin to drive to their apartment.

ִֶָ 𓂃˖˳·˖ ִֶָ ⋆★⋆  ִֶָ˖·˳˖𓂃 ִֶָ

Once they get to their apartment, Asher goes into the bedroom and changes into a more casual t-shirt and sweatpants.

He goes into the living room and flops onto the couch and pulls out his phone, beginning his daily routine of scrolling on instagram.

After a while, Robert joins Asher on the couch and turns on the T.V., searching for something to watch.

Asher sits up and looks at Robert, “Y’know, you could’ve just told Harper you didn’t wanna go to M’s party tonight, you didn’t have to lie to her.” he says.

“I was just doing it to protect you, my love.” Robert faces Asher and cups his cheeks. “We don’t want what happened last time to happen again, do we?” he asks.

Asher nods, he wraps his arms around Robert’s waist and rests his head on Robert’s shoulder.

Robert smiles and begins stroking Asher’s hair softly.

Robert turns on a show, the two watch the show as they hold each other and slowly drift off to sleep.