Chapter 30| Torture

Tw: gore, injury detail, torture

Ashley pov:

I woke up hours before Alex would even begin to stir, he always looked so cute when asleep. I smiled, he mumbled in his sleep, and it's adorable. It's always nonsense that I can't understand, but I still love it.

But I didn't have time to gush over how cute my husband was, I had a busy day. I was going back to that house where those pathetic things were hopefully still suffering. I actually hope Alex's dad is there so I can hurt him properly because I didn't hurt him enough.

I grabbed a pair of trousers and a long-sleeved black shirt, practical and cute. I put my hair up into a slicked-back ponytail before grabbing my murder heels from the bottom of my wardrobe.

I kissed Alex on the forehead before walking out of the bedroom and downstairs.

Breakfast was already made for me, they knew when I woke up, it was just some basic toast so I could eat it quickly or on the way.

I texted Alessandro:

Me: Get me a cooler full of ice and place it in my car.

Bodyguard 2: Which car, Miss?

Me: Just wait by the door for me.

I turned my phone off and finished my food before grabbing a glass of water, finishing all of it while walking towards the front door.

Alessandro was waiting by the front door as instructed, with a cooler next to his feet. As soon as he made eye contact with me and I was close enough, he opened the door for me.

I gave the empty glass to Adelina, who was walking to the kitchen anyway. I saw Alessandro looking at Adelina as she walked away. "I won't give you two another warning, so don't even think about it." I hissed coldly, a hint of a threat of the both of them losing their jobs.

Alessandro looked down at the floor; he clearly didn't want to get in trouble again, and frankly, I didn't want to see what I'd seen before ever again, especially not in my house.

Once I'd walked through, he picked up the cooler and followed after me, keeping his gaze focused the entire time.

I was about to open the door to my car when I stopped. Alex must have gotten out of the estate somehow. He couldn't just walk through since someone needs to open the gates, and he obviously wouldn't know the code, and I have guards stationed at the gate.

The fucking guards.

I slowly turned around to face Alessandro. "Who was on duty at the gate on Friday?" I asked with little emotion, but the anger in my tone wasn't hidden as well as it usually is.

Alessandro took a second to think. I know he knew and he knew that the schedule has been the same ever since he started here, and he's memorised it.

Actually, the schedule changed about six months ago because Alessandro requested his hours be changed, but I made him memorise that new schedule as well.

I glared at him, waiting for an answer, but he didn't seem willing to give it. I know he's friends with nearly everyone who works for me, and obviously he doesn't want to get them in trouble, but I needed to know.

"You care about Adelina, don't you? How desperately does she need her job?" I asked, crossing my arms. I was willing to do anything so that anyone who even contributed to the harming of my husband would suffer.

"Logan, Lewis, Callum." He answered as soon as I finished talking. He really would do anything for her, and that was a good thing for me anyway. "They're... they're on duty right now if you want to, you know." He sighed, knowing what I wanted to do to them.