Chapter 22| Stay

Ashley pov:

I woke up with Alex still sleeping on top of me. He looked so peaceful and cute. He looked even cuter last night, whimpering and begging. I used a small one because I didn't want to break him but he seemed to like it enough.

I smirked at the memory while kissing Alex on the forehead.

I slowly detached myself from his grasp without waking him up, which I'd gotten quite good at since I'd had to do it every night because Alex unknowingly clings to me when I go to sleep. I hated it at first and only allowed it because he'd been having nightmares but after his nightmares seemed to have disappeared I'd gotten used to it.

After fully getting Alex off me, which took ages because he was really clinging to me this time, I slowly got up and walked over to my wardrobe.

I rubbed my eyes and picked out a few clothes. I didn't feel like wearing a dress today so I grabbed some trousers, a long blazer, and a random shirt.

I walked over to my vanity and started doing my makeup. I actually needed to go into the office today since I didn't yesterday. I need to go into the company at least a couple of times a month just to check that no one is fucking things up. Other than that I work from home.

I picked up a hairband and brushed my hair back into a ponytail before grabbing a claw clip and putting my hair into a bun.

After finishing my makeup, I grabbed my purse and headed for the door.

Right before I could leave I heard blankets moving and a cute whine. I tried not to smile as I looked back over at the bed and saw Alex stirring in his sleep.

I turned back for the door, opening the door and shutting it behind me. I started walking off when I heard another whine. "Ash..?"

I groaned and walked back to our room. So much for going into the office. I opened the door to see Alex with his eyes half open and staring at the door. "M-mommy?" Alex whined again.

Feeling something inside me turn when he called me that but in a good way, I smiled. "Yes, baby?" I asked, walking over to him.

Looking down at him, I could tell he was still mostly asleep and probably didn't know what he was saying. Cute. I threaded my fingers through his hair and caressed gently.

His phone vibrated and lit up. I looked over at what the notification was.

Blaire: Morning Darling

WHO THE FUCK IS BLAIRE!?

I clenched my jaw and my fist curled into a fist. I quickly picked up Alex's phone, unlocking it. He kept the password I gave him. That bitch doesn't get to called MY Amore 'Darling'.

I felt like crushing that fucking phone in my hand right then and there.

Blaire: Are you awake, Darling?

Fuck. This.

I opened the window and threw the phone as far as I could.

I heard a faint crack as I hit some tree with it and it definitely broke.

I. Am. Going. To. Kill. That. Fucking. BITCH.

Alex whimpered, like he knew I was angry.

I took a few deep breath before turning my focus back to my husband. I cupped his cheek and I calmed down. Which I don't usually do easily.

"Don't leave me..." Alex whined, his eyes now closed. I chuckled at his words and all his whining. "Stay home." He huffs as he shuffled closer to my hand.