Chapter 19| Messages

Alex pov:

Once me and Ashley got home, she handed me the teddy bear and told me to put it in our room.

I found a cute place in the corner for it although it stuck out like a sore thumb since the baby blue colour didn't really match Ashley's old money aesthetic.

I heard a buzz. Then another. And another.

I frowned. I assumed it was my phone making all that noise so I went searching for it. I couldn't remember where I put it. Ashley told me not to take it with us when we had left the house and she didn't bring hers so she wouldn't be interrupted by a call.

My memory is so shit.

I groaned before I noticed my bedside table was vibrating violently. Jesus who's texting me this much!?

I opened the drawer and found my phone vibrating and lighting up like it had fireworks inside it. I picked it up, I had 107 no 108 missed messages, and 72 missed calls from Blaire.

I almost forgot that I'd given her my number. I noticed there was a red heart at the end of her name, strange. She probably added it herself because I let her put her name and number in, I wonder why she did that though.

I removed the heart from her name on my contacts and had a look at the messages she sent me.

Blaire: Hey, Alex I wanted to talk to you 11:57

Blaire: Alex? 11:57

Blaire: Alex!? 11:58

Blaire: OMG ALEX! 11:58

I scrolled down to the bottom, most of the messages were just her saying my name.

Blaire: ALEX I SWEAR I WILL COME TO YOUR HOUSE IF YOU DO NOT REPLY! 13:06

Blaire: WHERE TF ARE YOU!? 13:07

Blaire: ARE YOU IGNORING ME!? 13:07

Blaire: YOU BETTER NOT BE IGNORING ME! 13:08

She must be pretty mad that I haven't replied. I felt bad so I texted her back.

Me: Hey, sorry I was at an amusement park with Ashley

Blaire: Finally. Don't leave me like that again. How was the amusement park?

Me: It was really cool! Ashley won me this cute blue bear. It's my favourite colour :)

Blaire: Are you with her now?

Me: No

Blaire: Okay, good. Where are you?

Me: In Ashley's room

Blaire: Oh.

Me: What's wrong?

Blaire: Nothing.

Then she went offline. That was a very odd conversation. I sighed and turned my phone off. I groaned and fell onto the bed.

My phone buzzed again.

Blaire: Why did you leave me on read, cutie?

My eyes widened at the text and turned my phone off immediately and hid it under my pillow. "What the fuck was that....?" I muttered to myself.

"What was what?" Ashley asked bitterly from behind me.

I jumped and immediately turned to face her. "Hey...." I chuckled nervously.

Ashley narrowed her eyes at me. "Why are you speaking weirdly?" She sighed.

I smiled nervously. "No reason." Not looking into her eyes as I spoke.