chapter 16

Emma stood on the balcony of their new apartment, a place chosen by Jungkook himself. It was a lavish abode in a posh area, where they would reside alone together. Jungkook had orchestrated the move, citing a need for change in their lives and his inability to focus on work in their previous mansion. Although Emma had no say in the matter, she found herself reluctantly moving into their new home.

To Emma's surprise, the apartment was meticulously designed to her liking, from the colors on the walls to the interior decor. Jungkook had gone to great lengths to ensure that every detail reflected her preferences. However, despite his efforts, Emma's resentment towards him remained unshaken.

For Jungkook, the decision to move into their own apartment was driven by a desire to eliminate any barriers between them. He had observed Emma's tendency to avoid him, seeking solace with his family instead. Evenings were spent with his mother and sister, leaving Jungkook longing for her company upon his return from work.

He yearned to bridge the gap that had formed between them, to make their marriage a success. Jungkook's love for Emma knew no bounds, his devotion unwavering despite her distant behavior. He hoped that by creating a space where they could be alone together, Emma would eventually open up to him as she had during their time in Switzerland.

Jungkook's heart ached with longing. He longed to hear her voice, to see her smile, and was willing to do whatever it took to win her affection. Moving into their new apartment was just the first step towards building a future together, one filled with love and happiness.

But how could he breach the walls she had erected around her? How could he make her see the depth of his devotion, the sincerity of his intentions? These questions echoed in the caverns of his soul, haunting him with their unanswered riddles.

He longed to draw her close, to envelop her in the warmth of his embrace, but she remained elusive, slipping through his fingers like grains of sand. And so, he resolved to bide his time, to wait patiently for the moment when she would finally lower her defenses and allow him entry into her world.

As Emma stood by the window, she couldn't tear her eyes away from the enchanting sight of the city below. The bustling streets were alive with twinkling lights, each one like a tiny star in the urban night sky. She watched, mesmerized, as cars zipped by and people moved like shadows in the glow of streetlamps.

The chill of the winter air brushed against her skin, causing a shiver to run down her spine. Emma hugged herself instinctively, trying to ward off the cold. It was a bitter night, but the beauty of the cityscape seemed to warm her from within.

Lost in the spectacle before her, Emma failed to notice the silent figure slipping into the room behind her. His footsteps were muffled against the carpeted floor, his presence going unnoticed as Emma remained captivated by the view outside.

A gentle smile graced Jungkook's lips as he beheld Emma standing by the window. His heart swelled with contentment at the sight of her, finding solace in her presence. With each step toward her, happiness radiated from his eyes, filling him with a sense of joy.

Emma remained absorbed in the city lights, unaware of Jungkook's approach. He hurried towards her, his eagerness palpable. As he stood behind her, he caught a whiff of her delicate floral scent, sending a surge of warmth through him. His heart raced with longing as he yearned to hold her, to feel her in his arms.

Unable to resist any longer, Jungkook enveloped Emma in a tight embrace, his hands encircling her waist possessively. He held onto her as if afraid to let go, his desire to be with her overwhelming. In that moment, he wished to stay wrapped in her embrace forever, basking in the warmth of her presence.

Emma's eyes widened in shock as she felt two arms wrap around her waist. It didn't take her long to realize whose arms they were.

"How dare he touch her?" Rage filled her like burning lava. Summoning all her strength, she pushed him away forcefully. Jungkook stumbled from her sudden push, before he could balance himself, his face tilting to the left side. A stinging sensation spread over his cheeks as Emma's hand connected with a hard slap.

Emma's fury erupted like a volcano. With fire in her eyes, she shoved Jungkook hard on his chest, her words slashing through the air like sharp knives.

"How dare you touch me bastard without my consent?"

she seethed, her voice trembling with anger.

"Who do you think you are? Didn't I tell you to stay away from me? How dare you disobey me!"

Jungkook, shaken from Emma's sudden outburst, snapped out of his shock. He gazed at her, his heart heavy as he saw the despise in her eyes. Anger surged within him, his eyes turning red and his knuckles whitening as he clenched his fists tightly. But beneath the anger, there was a deep hurt. He only wanted a moment of tenderness with her, but her hatred cut him deeply. The pain of her rejection pierced his heart, each word she spat like a dagger to his soul.

As Emma stormed past him, her hateful glare burning into his skin, Jungkook stood frozen like a statue, absorbing her words like blows to his pride. A lone tear escaped his eye, unnoticed by Emma, as he struggled to contain the storm of emotions raging within him.

Glaring at him with venom in her gaze, Emma spat out one final word, "Bastard," before turning away, leaving Jungkook to wrestle with the turmoil in his heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jungkook lay sprawled on the couch, his gaze drifting towards the bed where Emma lay, peacefully asleep. Her angelic face was bathed in the soft glow of the room, her chest rising and falling rhythmically with each breath.

As he watched her, the events of the day flooded back to him, stark reminders of the harsh reality of their marriage. The conversation with Mr. Kang replayed in his mind, and Jungkook couldn't shake the conclusion that a child was the only way to bridge the ever-widening chasm between him and Emma. It seemed like the only hope to make her his, to bind her to him in a way that nothing else could.

But the memory of Emma's disdain, her aversion to his touch, clouded his thoughts like a dark storm on the horizon. How could he make a move towards their shared future when she recoiled from his presence? How could he fulfill his dream of having a child if she continued to harbor such animosity towards him?

Restlessness gnawed at him, a relentless creature whispering fears of losing her, of the day when Emma might decide she'd endured enough and walk away from their marriage. The thought alone sent shivers down his spine, cold apprehension tightening its grip around his heart. He couldn't bear the idea of losing her, couldn't fathom a life without her by his side. She was his everything, the very essence of his existence.

Desperation clawed at him as he resolved to do whatever it took to keep her, to make her stay. His mind raced with schemes and plans, searching for a way to break through the walls she'd erected around her heart. Jungkook knew he had to find a way, had to convince her to give their marriage a chance, for he couldn't bear the thought of losing her. She was his lifeline, his reason for being, and he would move mountains to ensure she remained his.

Enough was enough. Jungkook's resolve hardened like steel, his determination burning bright amidst the darkness that threatened to consume him. He would do whatever it took to keep Emma by his side, to make her his in every sense of the word. If that meant resorting to immoral or irrational means, so be it. He was tired of her distance, her disobedience, her hatred. She belonged to him, and she would remain his for all eternity.

The age-old adage echoed in his mind: "All is fair in love and war." And to Jungkook, this was both. Love, a battlefield where he would fight tooth and nail to claim his prize, to secure his future with the woman who held his heart captive. No sacrifice was too great, no line too sacred to cross if it meant ensuring that Emma stayed with him, that she never left his side.

With a steely determination in his eyes, Jungkook made a silent vow to himself. He would stop at nothing to win her back, to break down the walls she'd built around her heart. For he knew, deep down, that she was meant to be his, and he would do whatever it took to make that a reality.