chapter 17

The air was abuzz with anticipation as Jungkook, Emma, and his parents arrived at the grandiose venue of Mr. Rodriguez's exclusive party. They stepped into the opulent hall, where every detail exuded luxury and extravagance. From the gleaming chandeliers to the shimmering lights of expensive limousines parked outside, it was a spectacle to behold.

Jungkook, immersed in conversation with his business partners, navigated the sea of guests with ease, his attention divided between networking and stealing glances at Emma. Meanwhile, Emma found herself seated with Jungkook's parents, engaged in polite conversation and exchanging pleasantries.

"How are you, Emma, my dear?"

Jungkook's mother inquired with genuine concern, her warm smile inviting.

"I'm fine, Mon,"

Emma replied softly, her own smile reflecting the warmth of their familial bond.

As the conversation flowed, Jungkook's mother subtly probed into Emma's well-being, her maternal instincts guiding her concern.

"I hope everything is fine between you and Jungkook,"

she ventured delicately, her gaze soft yet probing.

"He is taking good care of you, isn't he?"

Emma's reply was short with little smile she stated.

"Yes, he is,"

  Meanwhile, Jungkook's attention remained fixated on Emma, his gaze never straying far from her ethereal presence. Clad in a flowing white gown that accentuated her grace and beauty, she seemed to glow with an inner radiance that captivated him completely. She was a vision of elegance and poise, a sight that rendered him speechless with admiration.

Lost in the enchanting aura of Emma's presence, Jungkook couldn't help but marvel at her beauty. She was, in his eyes, the epitome of perfection—a beacon of light amidst the sea of guests, her presence illuminating his world with warmth and joy. And as the evening unfolded, he found himself grateful for the opportunity to bask in her presence, to revel in the simple yet profound pleasure of being by her side.

The evening progressed at Mr. Rodriguez's lavish party, and as the hunger pangs began to gnaw at them, Jungkook suggested to Emma that they find something to eat. With a gentle tug on her arm, he called out to her,

"Emma, let's go grab something to eat."

Emma nodded in agreement, her stomach rumbling in anticipation of a meal. She followed Jungkook through the bustling crowd, her steps mirroring his as they made their way to the buffet area.

Seated at a table with Jungkook's parents, Emma and Jungkook eagerly dug into their meals, enjoying the delectable spread laid out before them. The lively chatter of the partygoers filled the air, mingling with the clinking of cutlery and the soft strains of music.

Midway through their meal, a waiter approached their table, offering a tray of drinks to the guests. Emma's eyes lit up at the sight of the colorful array of fresh juices, her mouth watering at the thought of quenching her thirst.

Without hesitation, she reached for a glass of juice, her hand hovering over it as she prepared to take a sip. But before she could indulge, she felt Jungkook's firm grip on her wrist, halting her movements.

Surprised by his sudden intervention, Emma turned to him with a puzzled expression.

"What are you doing?"

she inquired, her confusion evident in her tone.

Jungkook's response was calm but resolute as he gently guided her hand away from the glass.