Chapter 21

Jungkook was beaming with joy lately, his happiness overflowing. And the reason behind it all? His wife, Emma.

Since that incident, Emma's attitude towards him had been changing, bit by bit. Jungkook made sure to show her how much he cared, through both his words and actions. And it was working – he could see it.

Every opportunity, Jungkook seized to express his love for her. He could tell that his efforts were paying off. Emma's manner towards him was softening, and she started listening to him without argument.

To Jungkook, these small changes were huge victories. He was convinced that soon, they would be a happy couple like any other. The thought filled him with joy as he drove to share his happiness with someone special.

Jungkook felt like he was doing everything right as a husband. He aimed to be perfect for Emma, his wife.

These little improvements were big wins for Jungkook. He believed he could make her fall in love with him soon. He was determined to do whatever it took.

Even though their relationship wasn't typical, Jungkook was confident they would become a great couple eventually.

Thinking about this filled Jungkook with happiness. He couldn't wait to make Emma his own. Gripping the steering wheel tightly, he headed towards his destination, eager to share his joy with someone who deserved to know.

Jungkook cautiously stepped into the dimly lit room, his heart pounding with every echoing footstep. The air was heavy with a musty scent, and the only source of illumination was a flickering fluorescent bulb dangling from the ceiling. Its feeble light cast long, eerie shadows that danced across the cracked walls.

As Jungkook ventured further into the room, his eyes strained to adjust to the darkness. Gradually, a figure began to magnify before him, seated in a dilapidated chair. It was a haunting sight - the figure slumped forward, bound and helpless.

Closer inspection revealed the shocking state of the man before him. It was Kim Taehyung, but he was barely recognizable. His once robust frame had withered away, leaving behind a hollow shell of his former self. Malnutrition had ravaged his body, leaving his features gaunt and sunken. Dark circles marred the skin beneath his closed eyes, evidence of countless sleepless nights filled with despair.

Despite his outward appearance of destitution, there was an air of dignity that clung to Taehyung even in his unconscious state. Though bound and broken, he still exuded the presence of a man who had once commanded respect and authority.
Taehyung, once one of the wealthiest and most successful businessmen in the country, ended up in such a pitiful state?

Jungkook stepped forward with a predatory gleam in his eyes. The flickering light from a solitary bulb overhead cast eerie shadows across the scene, accentuating the grim atmosphere. Taehyung lay bound and battered, his breathing shallow, a testament to the torment he endured.

With a subtle nod, Jungkook signaled to one of his henchmen, a burly figure lurking in the shadows. The guard approached Taehyung's motionless form and, without hesitation, splashed cold water onto his face. Taehyung flinched as the icy liquid jolted him awake, his eyelids fluttering open with effort.

A smirk tugged at the corners of Jungkook's lips as he observed Taehyung's struggle to regain consciousness. His voice dripped with malice as he addressed his captive, his tone both mocking and threatening.

"Hello, Hyung,"

Jungkook greeted, his words laced with a sinister edge.

"I heard from my guards that you were in deep slumber for a few days. You didn't even eat the food which they offer you ,So I personally came here to check on you."