|| Chapter 12: Safe ||

(Y/N) woke up to Anthony yelling and another male voice only talking calmly. She blinked, her (H/C) eyes opening as she looked up. She saw Alastor.

Wait.. Alastor!

She jumped, falling off his lap and into the floor. Anthony rushed over and Alastor only chuckled. "Welcome back my dear! Might I say you put up quite the chase." 

"How. How did you find me?" She said quickly, rubbing the back of her head. Her fingers grazed over her wound noticing it was stitched up. She looked down at Anthony, who sat beside her on the floor and glared at Alastor.

"I followed your footprints! It's been while since I've had to chase someone.." he trailed off, his smile becoming a thin line as his eyes turned red. "Let's avoid doing it again! We have rules after all."

"Ya can shove ya rules else where Smiles!" Anthony yelled. (Y/N) only sighed, patting Anthony's back to let him know she was okay.

"I'm sorry, I just wanted to make sure he got home safe." She said, standing up. Alastor's eyes followed her every move.

If she was being honest, she expected Alastor to be angry. To kill her the moment she returned, but he seemed strangely calm. She didn't like it, she found it more strange. Then again nothing about her situation screamed normal.

"Apology accepted!" Alastor then stood up, "now then let's return. Mimzy's bar should be opening soon and she'll be rather upset to find you gone."

She nodded, but her attention shifted back to the Anthony. She crouched down and pulled him into a hug, "I'll be sure to visit. If you'll let me."

Anthony frowned slowly hugging her back, he whispered. "Please be careful missus.. I don't trust em. He killed pop, ya sure he won't do the same to you?"

She shook her head and pulled away, giving him a dumb smile. "He won't." She assured him and herself. Alastor tapped his foot as he grew more impatient as the seconds ticked on by.

She made her way out the treehouse first, her coat back on as she slipped down the ladder. Alastor lingered behind.

"Anthony was it?" He said, "I would refrain from telling the coppers about your 'pop'."

Anthony glared, "Ya know I can't go to em to begin with."

Alastor laughed, "ah! Yes that's right. The life of a mafia family, oh it's entertaining to say the least." He fixed his tie, "well have good day!"

"You won't hurt her right? She's.. she is as clueless as button and sees the good in everyone.. despite their background." He rubbed his arm, he had a soft spot for her. After watching her protect him as if he was her little brother.

Alastor stayed silent, "as I said, have a good day." With that, he slipped out the treehouse. Climbing down the ladder, his hazel eyes locked onto (Y/N) who was waiting for him at the bottom of the ladder.

His boots hit the snow, then the two started walking back. Occasionally his eyes would glance to his side at the girl walking beside him. She seemed to be lost in her own thoughts which caused her to follow him blindly. He looked away, his own thoughts wanted him  to speak but he was almost at a loss for words. The entire chase he was, as much as he hated to admit, slightly worried for her well being. Seeing her blood in the snow as didn't help his concern. Which left him even more puzzled.

He was always attempting to kill her, so why did the thought of someone else doing it bother him so?

"This part of town is dangerous my dear. You could have been killed." He finally spoke up after a few more minutes of silence. She looked away at his words, a sigh escaping her lips.

"And I wouldn't be killed at the bar?" She retorted back, she glared slightly at him. He chuckled.

"I would be far more respectful about it, Sunshine."

"Sunshine??" She asked, her brows furrowing at the nickname. He laughed at this and she felt her cheeks heat up. She looked away to hide it. His smile widened.

How he missed such reactions from her.

He hummed looping his arm with her, catching her further off guard. She blinked at him and he only kept his eyes focused ahead.

His body screamed at him in disgust for holding someone close like this, or rather touching them in general. But he also couldn't help the excitement he felt doing so, that out weighed his usual disgust for contact.

The next two hours they walked was silent, snow crunching under their boots. Alastor didn't let go of her arm, when she tried to pull away he merely pulled her back. His eyes glaring at her for even attempting to leave like she just did.

The sun was coming up now, shops were beginning to slowly open again. However the less fortunate remained inside as it was still cold out. (Y/N) didn't blame them, she would be could too if it wasn't for Alastor sticking to her side like he was.

Mimzy's bar slowly came into view, (Y/N) looked down at the ground at this. She would be returning to how she'd been living for the past two months, but.. She glanced over to Alastor. She had a feeling something would change. So it wouldn't be so bad and maybe she could enjoy herself.

"(Y/N)!" Mimzy yelled pulling the girl away from Alastor, she yelped and Alastor glared. He wasn't quite ready to let her go, but figured there was no use arguing with Mimzy.

"Where have you been! We open in 30 minutes and you were no where to be found." She said, pulling the girl's wrist as Alastor followed silently behind the two girls. His arms back behind his back as usual, however he took a detour and wondered down stairs to return to Henry.

"Sorry sorry!" (Y/N) apologized as she was pulled along behind Mimzy. Mimzy huffed, leading her to her room.

"Yeah yeah. Get changed. We got a bar to open." She then hurried away, (Y/N) sighed. Walking into her room and immediately being smacked with a same coldness she just escaped from. Her eyes widen as she realized she had left her window open and there was snow everywhere in her room.

She cursed under her breath as she rushed forward, immediately closing her window. She then looked at the pile of snow on her bed. A frown on her lips. Her mattress was basically soaked now and no longer useable until it dried. She sighed, scooping up what snow she could, eventually only leaving a wet spot on her sheets.  She then pulled off her sheets and tossed them on the floor, deciding that once her shift was over she'd do laundry.

She then walked to her make shift closet changing into her uniform. She rushed to do her hair and small amount of makeup before she returned to the bar, just as Mimzy opened the doors and their usual crowd rushed in.

This was her life, her routine. Something she was attached to, but a part of her was waiting to go home. Hoping that maybe there was another way so she wouldn't have to wait until 1934.

Alastor's routine was beginning to shape around her, a fact he knew.

"Emotions Henry, are such a foolish thing." He said, as used his blade to usually chop through his bones. Dismantling his body as if he were a toy. "You would know after all, you were man who always gave into his feelings." He spoke to the body, his gloves stained red.

"To think I was worried!" He laughed, moving to put the unwanted parts of Henry in a bin. Before returning to keep up his same lonely conversation. "No should it come to it, I am more than comparable to dispose of any fool who makes (Y/N) question her comfort or safety. Much like you did old friend!" He chuckled booping the dead man's nose.

Yes, he would protect her. The kind of entertainment she provided was too good to pass up and even after her little escape today, she didn't run to the coppers. Instead.. she followed him. Back to the bar, back to their routine. A fact that brought a warm smile to his face.

Maybe he could trust her, after all she trusted him so blindly he had to return it. Did he not?

(Hello! The next chapters after this will be a time skips! So more romance is to be expected!! - smalls)