|| Chapter 14: Mimzy ||

Date: June 15, 1930

Three days.

Alastor had been gone for three days under what he claimed to be a much-needed break. What that truly meant was utterly lost to (Y/N). She tried asking more, but he assured her he'd return swiftly. However, she began believing he might be gone much longer than she hoped.

After all, after the crying incident five days ago, Alastor seemed different. She also noticed more items started to show up. For example, she'd always talk about buying certain books after work but has not gotten the chance to due to helping with his radio show. When she was off work from the bar and his show, she usually slept or tried to figure out the time for events she had to avoid.

As it stood now, the only death she was sure about coming was Alastor's. But his wasn't for another three years; Mimzy and Anthony were utterly different stories.

If she recalled correctly, Anthony should have died around the year 1947, so she was grateful she wouldn't have to experience his death personally.

However, her current situation was Mimzy. A day after Alastor left, she realized that she had no clue when Mimzy would die, which left her unsettled. She usually tried to write everything on her board, the same board that got her into trouble with Alastor, so she learned to keep it hidden.

She moved her new closet forward, taking the board from behind it. Her eyes scan her multiple notes, but nothing is about Mimzy. Her brows furrowed together. Ironically, Mimzy had been acting strange since Alastor left, putting (Y/N) on more shifts and seeming more anxious for money than usual.

She didn't understand, no matter how hard she tried. She knew little about Mimzy's background.

She currently has no one to help her but herself.

"(Y/N)! Could you come out and help me?" Mimzy knocked on her door, seeming a bit nervous. She sounded extremely stressed as well.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a moment!" (Y/N) called back. She moved the board and closet back into their usual positions. She then quickly got dressed before rushing out of her room to help Mimzy.

The bar was packed, more so than usual. None of the customers were there as usual. It was all males, each dressed in suits and sunglasses. Each of them gave off an atmosphere of pure violence, one that seemed like they weren't above murder.

Mimzy grabbed her arm, and that's when she noticed that She was shaking. She was scared; that trait didn't belong to her. She was usually so confident and a bit selfish, but fear was never part of her personality. (Y/N) looked at her and then back at the group of males. It was clear that this group wasn't something she should take lightly. If they had Mimzy afraid, then she should be, too.

She patted Mimzy's hand to inform her to let her go. Mimzy did so slowly and then (Y/N) spoke.

"Good evening! Is there anything I could get started on for you gentlemen?" she asked, walking towards them. One of the males pulled off his glasses and glared.

"We need our money." He spat, (Y/N) froze.

Money? What money?

It hit her then: today was the day Mimzy was to die. While she never did much research about how Mimzy died, she knew that the girl did like to get into trouble. So, assuming she got into trouble and couldn't escape, it was natural. Alastor wasn't here to help her like he usually did.

Her eyes widened as she tried to take a step back before the male jumped up, grabbed her by her hair, and slammed her onto the ground.

She didn't know why, but it seemed like she was the one usually getting hurt since waking up in this period.