5. His Enchantress

Riddhimaan ~

Riddhimaan ~

This city has changed so much, completely different from the one I left back 3 years ago. Well ofcourse the change is in a positive & meaningful direction. There is a massive development everywhere. Although I've track of everything virtually but seeing the real scenario in front of the eyes is like chalk and cheese.

" Sir , Shall I take you to Oberoi villa or your own penthouse ? " The voice of our driver , Mahesh, breaks my chain of thoughts.

" My penthouse " I inform him.

" Sir, shall I bring the food from Oberoi villa here ? Or shall I cook you something, You must be tired from the exhaustion of flight, Sir yesterday I've filled all the groceries and got the house cleaned on Bade Sahibs order " Mahesh mutters meekly while putting my bags and luggages inside the house.

" I'll manage, you don't need to worry, also take this " I hand him over some cash and enter the house.

Well it's the same as before, looking much more cleaned and organized.
I sit on the couch with my coffee and try to reflect on the life I've lived till now.

And I contemplate back and realize that It's just me , physics and my work. Thesis, research papers, experiments, degrees, seminars, labs, conferences, awards, This is life for me. From childhood, moon , stars and universe were the only thing that excited me, So I thought of exploring it, knowing more about it, getting cognizant about them and that's it ; embraced Astrophysics & Cosmology as my career, or more as my world.

I know I'm being called insane, heartless , workaholic, spark plug, high flier, snob for being so engrossed in my work. But I can't help, it's my life ,my whole universe.

Emotions, Feelings, Love, Sentiments all these doesn't exist in my dictionary. I don't even like people. Social Gatherings, too many talks, parties all these irritates me. My soul lies within my books, my telescopes, my labs, my research papers. That's it.

Tomorrow I'll be joining as a Professor of that university which I've created with my own hands. Although the idea and inputs were mine, but it wouldn't have been possible without the bedrock support of some people like Bade Kaku Sa , Chote Kakusa and Mausa ji. They've brought " Manaswa " into life from the blueprint I concocted.

I reach the college early today to analyze how the work is going on and I have to admit they have done a wonderful job in managing this University.

"Sir ,this way, this work is still going on , It'll be completed by this month " The admin shows me the other working areas of the university

" Good work Ranjan, okay I'll inspect the other aspects later, send me a cup of coffee to my room " I applaud him and move towards my cabin.

I'm going through the files and academic data of students when suddenly a man in 50s enter the room. " Sir, myself Prof Taraknath Sharma, I'm from Department of Classical Mechanics, hehe, nice to meet you " He bares his teeth .