06

The group decided to go downtown where there was a festival going on for the Fourth of July, there was a parade going on while they were in the alleyway looking at a new missing poster for another kid who went missing, Edward Corcoran. Richie was playing a tuba he stole from a band member who was trying to get it back.

"They say they found part of his hand all chewed up near the standpipe." Stan explained, Bill walked closer, then Ben started, "he asked to borrow a pencil once."

Bill lifted up the missing poster to reveal the missing poster for Betty Ripsom, he turned to the group, "I-It's like she's been f-f-for-forgotten because Corcoran's missing." He put the paper back down.

"What the fuck dude?" Y/n turned and saw Richie with his hands up as the band member finally took the tuba back, she turned back as Stan asked, "is it ever gonna end..?" The group shrugged

Eddie came up from the ice cream shop with two cones, "what are you guys talking about?" Richie walked up behind him, "what they always talk about." He said as Eddie handed him the other cone.

Ben answered Stan's question from earlier, "I actually think it will end. For a little while, at least."

"What do you mean." Y/n asked

The group were all staring at Ben waiting for him to answer, he sighed and started again, "so I was going over all my Derry research, and I charted all the big events, the ironworks explosion in 1908, he Bradley gang in '35, and the black spot in '62, and now kids being..." he trailed off looking up at Bill who had a sad expression on his face, y/n grabbed his arm rubbing it,

Ben continued, "I realized this stuff seems to happen-"

"Every 27 years." Bill and Ben said at the same time

The group went over to the park and sat at the bench, Beverly, Stan, Mike, and Ben sat on the bench while y/n, Bill, Richie, and Eddie sat on their bikes in front of them

"Okay so let me get this straight, it comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year, and then what? It just goes into hibernation?" Eddie spoke trying to understand the situation.

"Maybe it's like... what do you call it? Cicadas" Stan suggested, "you know, the bugs that come out once every 17 years?"

Mike spoke up, "my grandfather thinks this town is cursed," the group looked over at him, "he says that all the bad things that happen in this town are because of one thing. An evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry."

"But it can't be one thing. We all saw something different." Stan said

"Maybe. Or maybe it knows what scares us most and that's what we see." Y/n's eyes grew wide as she put the pieces together in her head.

"I-I saw a leper. He was like a walking infection." Eddie admitted

"But you didn't." The group were looking at him waiting for his reasoning, "because it isn't real. None of this is. Not Eddie's leper, o-or bill seeing Georgie, r the woman I keep seeing.."

"She hot?" Richie smirked

Stan looked up at him, anger creeped up on his face, "no Richie! She's not hot." He snapped, Richies smile faded, "her face is all messed up.. none of this makes any sense." Beverly put her hand up to her hair, a scared expression on her face, y/n took a deep breath being uncomfortable with the conversation

Stan continued, "they're all like, bad dreams.."

Mike looked up at him, "I don't think so. I know the difference between a bad dream and real life, okay?"

"What'd you see? You saw something too?" Eddie asked, "yes." Mike said and started explaining, "do you guys know that burned down house on Harris Avenue?" The kids nodded, "I was inside when it burned down. Before I was rescued my mom and dad were trapped in the next room over from me. They were pushing and pounding on the door, trying to get to me." He paused, "but it was too hot. "When the firemen finally found them" he took a deep shaky breath, "the skin on their hands had melted down to the bone."