08

The evening after the fight between the losers was uneventful. They all went back home thinking it was over for good.

She didn't even touch her food at dinner, Y/n moped up the stairs and into her room, she shut her door and leaned her back against it. She looked around her room, the emptiness from cleaning her room the day before, the coldness from the window she left open as a gentle breeze blew in, the curtains lightly flowing in the wind, and the lack of people was equivalent to how she felt in her heart. Empty and Cold from the loss of her only friends. The loss of dare she say, the love of her life?

She took a deep breath and trudged over to her dresser and pulled out some pyjamas, black short shorts with a large white oversized tee.

She then walked over and opened the door and into the bathroom. She took a shower then brushed her teeth and put her hair into a low ponytail.

"Goodnight, mom" she poked her head into her moms room, "goodnight, y/n!" She got up from her bed to hugged her and kissed the top of her head

Y/n flicked off the light as she shut her door, she got into bed and stared at the ceiling. It seemed like hours went by as she stared at the ceiling. Images and scenes of Bill and Beverly danced in her head. Each one they looked happier and cuter together. Bill looked happy with her. He looked better with her. Y/n tried not to cry as her head was flashing harsh images of the two, she pulled her comforter up and turned to her side to force herself to sleep.

-time skip-

Y/n sat up, shielding her eyes from the sunlight that leaked into her room. She rubbed her eyes and yawned from exhaustion. She was tossing and turning all night, the images and scenes intruding back into her mind as she tried desperately to get them out of her head. But eventually she fell asleep.

The smell of bacon and eggs filled her nose, she smiled happily as she woke up hungry from not eating anything the day before.

She threw the blankets off her and ran down the stairs, she turned into the kitchen and spotted her mom at the blacktop stove cooking bacon and eggs like she had already recognized just from the smell that crept into her room through the cracks in her door

"Morning sweetie" her mom greeted as y/n walked over to the island counter in the centre of the kitchen and sat down on one of the bar stools, "morning mum." She replied, her mom smiled in response

Her mom loaded up a plate with a spatula full of eggs and three bacon strips, she placed it on the table in front of y/n and gave her a fork, y/n dug into the eggs first,

"so, what do you and your friends have planned for today?" Her mom asked, y/n stopped midway through chewing her food and looked up at her, "uh, I dunno." She shrugged, "i don't really feel like going out today." She looked back down at her food and continued eating, hoping that would be the end of the conversation.

"Oh, okay" her mom nodded, "well, I have to be at work in 20 minutes, it's a 14 hour shift today and I won't be home until midnight or so. so if you want to invite your friends over, you can." She grabbed her purse off the counter and kissed y/n's head as she walked out, y/n gave her a small smile and watched her walk out the kitchen and out the front door.

Y/n sighed and dramatically dropped her head onto the table, she couldn't bring herself to tell her mom that her friendship with the losers was over.

Y/n finished her food and put her dishes in the sink, then the phone started to ring, "who the fuck is calling this early." Y/n glanced at the clock, 10:26 am, so it wasn't that early she acknowledged her misjudgment and hummed, she walked over to the black landline phone and picked it up, "hello?"