09

It was a month after the situation that caused the losers club to breakup. Y/n and Richie have since gotten closer than they ever been after that day at the quarry. Richie has also gotten a lot more protective over y/n. He was like a big brother figure to her at this point.

She even told him her true fear as did Richie.

Y/n and Richie were at the arcade as usual playing street fighter when they heard someone burst through the doors. They kept their eyes on the screen and continued playing thinking nothing of it.

"Y/n! Richie!" They heard a familiar voice call, it was Bill who ran up to them in the middle of their game, y/n froze, causing Richie to finish her character off and win.

"What do you want?" Richie turned and glared at him

"I-It got Beverly."

"What are you talking about?" Richie scoffed standing beside y/n who was standing there quietly, not being able to even look Bill in the eyes.

Bill took a few deep breaths trying to catch his breath, "IT Richie. It got Beverly."

Y/n's eyes grew wide as she looked at Bill who had a worried look on his face, almost like he was pleading for help.

Richie and y/n looked at each other and followed Bill out of the arcade and into the street, the three called Eddie, Stan, Mike, and Ben to come and meet them at the street closest to Neibolt Street.

There was some awkward silence between the three while they waited, Richie and Bill glancing over at y/n every once in a while, y/n was just standing facing the street avoiding eye contact and looking straight ahead where the house was located. She was nervously playing with her bracelet on her wrist, which was a nervous habit of hers and the bracelet, funny enough, was the one that Bill had made for her and Bill had a matching one that she made for him.

They vowed to never take them off. And since then, she stuck to her promise.

"Is-Is she okay?" Bill whispered to Richie, Richie shrugged

"Y/n are you okay?" Richie asked, leaning over to her, finally breaking the silence

"Yeah, i'm okay." She quietly replied while looking straight ahead

"Are you sure?" Bill asked, she almost flinched when she heard his voice

She could never lie to Bill. But ever since the ice cream shop incident, she felt betrayed and hurt.

She nodded, not dare speaking a word to him. She felt if she spoke in that moment, she'd breakdown. She didn't know if it would be out of anger, fear, or both. She felt if she broke down, she would let all of her emotions and feelings out to Bill, which they had no time for in that moment.

"Y/n.. we know you all too well to know that you aren't doing too well. Are you scared..?" Richie asked, he grabbed her hand which caused her to jump a little

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "I dunno. I think so." She felt a lump in her throat and swallowed hard

Fuck.

Her eyes began to water, she looked away, trying not to let the two boys see that she was about to cry

Bill thought for a minute then got off his bike, he leaned it up against the fence, he turned to Richie who nodded

Richie gently let go of her hand and Bill took it in his, she looked down at their hands, she noticed that Bill also still had his bracelet on.

"Y/n.. I-I know you're scared. But, as hard as it is to try not be, I need you to try. I promise I won't let anything happen to you, okay?"