F I V E

Ch ⁵ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ᴅᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ sᴜғғᴇʀɪɴɢ

"May I help?"
"Oh, young Mrs. Jeon. Good morning- you don't have to do this-"
"That's alright. Today I want to make something for him"
"Oh, you mean for the Bae-young master"
"Yes..."

The maids bowed with discomfort because today their young Mrs. Jeon, the new member of Jeon woke up and chose cooking. It would be a problem if someone from the wealthy family saw this, especially Mrs. Jeon who seems not to be visible for hours and won't like the idea of seeing the maids standing at a corner.

Putting the chopped veggies inside the boiling spicy soup on the stove, y/n asked for some other supplies as she is not very familiar with the things. It's been five days since she became a member of the most powerful family. She smiles while recalling the previous night's event where Bae-young seemed so consulted when she sneezed three consecutive times after she ate ice cream.

Bae-young who warned about it due to the cold wind but y/n's craving for ice cream increased after a fancy dinner date with her husband. After their marriage, Bae-young seems like an 'Are you okay?' type men who would take his wife on many dates and bring her many gifts which she awkwardly denies because she feels like a spoiled brat upon receiving princess treatment.

He somehow managed to make her smile a little. Not to feel in debt, she decided to make him lunch. True, she is a horrible cook but she tried preparing some dishes during her lockdown. She poured the dish into a thermo-container and a little in a bowl. She passes the bowl to the maids. After insisting for a while, they tried her dishes. Seeing their experience, y/n felt proud and got ready to leave.
________________________

After stepping out of the luxury car, y/n walked inside the Jeon company headquarters where currently her husband is. They really are the richest family. 56 branches just in Korea. She was all tired after visiting 6 branches when Mrs. Jeon told Bae-young to give a little tour. All these companies are officially in the name of the great Jeon, her father-in-law but it's been run by the oldest son.

She wonders, what kind of work Jungkook shows. Does his family know about his secret? If they do, then why are they supporting a mafia with more than 167 and more crime records? Walking in seeing the figure who she comes across bowing in respect, y/n walked to the reception.

"Good morning ma'am, Bae-young sir must be free in his cabin"
Y/n: thank you

Thankfully Bae-young made y/n introduce when they first came to this main branch or else she might be called out as fake and insulted like any typical story.

She is impressed by her husband's talent. How did he manage to control all these 56 branches here only in Korea? There are other branches too which are under her father-in-law but he doesn't interfere in any of the branches in Korea. Handling it properly and managing to be in first is surely a headache. She is also impressed by the fact that he is not like her father who ignores his family. They both are in the same field but they tackle the situation differently.

But is this possible for any 26-year managing director to handle all this? Her father is much older and experienced but still fails to do so. Jeon's family is hiding something. They are the only business family who are perfect in this field. But is this possible to be this perfect with close to scandals?

She made her steps towards the main cabin and when she was about to ask for permission she heard voices.
________________________

"Bae-young! That's enough of you. I can't tolerate this! I can't play the role of your friend. I'm just sick of this! You never give me time. You are always sticking to that dumb wife of yours. You promised that things would be the same..."
Bae-young: Please don't cry, Isabella. Yes, yes I promised and I'm trying. But mom and father always force me to give her time. You know they would suspect if I-
Isabella: please no more excuses. Then why didn't you let your parents know that you love someone else in the first place?
Bae-young: I-
Isabella: You mean you don't love me?
Bae-young: I love you, I love you Isabella but you know marrying her what cost me? I won't be in this position. Father might have given everything to him.
________________________