Ironsides and Plan B

Ok so this one isn't as long as I would have liked it to be but I'm not in the right state of mind to write any further

Years pass, the city is now partially inhabited. "As we are vastly different from the Skarozian Daleks we chose who will lead us. Daleks, begin placing your vote for who should be our Emperor." Zent announces, his voice booming and echoing across the city. Battalions flock together to discuss who should be their leader. Each Battalion Leader soon places their Battalion's vote. Hours blur pass, the votes are collected and brought to Raak. "Has the voting process been finalised?" He inquires softly,turning to face Zent. "Yes Raak. Or more appropriately, yes Emperor." Zent answers bluntly, staring at Raak's silver eyepiece. "The new generation voted for me as their Emperor, correct?" Momentarily in disbelief, Raak questions Zent to confirm what was just said. "Yes. Both the Emperor travel machine and casing have been completed. The chief science Dalek has requested your presence at the main laboratory to personally transfer you to the Emperor travel machine." Zent hisses and leads Raak towards the main laboratory. Daleks fabricated in white, green and blue scurry around the laboratory, each tending to various tasks in pairs. "Scientist, where is the Chief Scientist? Emperor Raak requires his new travel machine." Zent snarls, dropping his gunstick. "The Chief Scientist is located within the hazardous chemical chamber performing experiments with acids and Dalekanium. I will collect him for you." A scientist replies briefly, turning away from his work station and heads off.

Raak trundles around the laboratory to a dormant travel machine. Its large bulbous head is fixed to an equally large cylindrical cone skirt section. "I had the casing fabricated in Silver, Blue and Crimson to oppose the Golden Tyrant. The colour combination displays the beliefs you bestowed upon us." Zent snarls as he slides alongside Raak silently. "Free thinking dominates the casing, hence it is silver. Individuality is represented as blue. Lastly, being the least significant of these, the Human Factor. Hence it is coloured as red." Zent explains, unaware of the chief scientist slithering up behind them. "Emperor, are you ready?" His voice calls out from behind in a jovial and casual tone. Raak and Zent spin around and stare at the chief scientist. "Yes. I am ready." Raak answers, quickly turning to Zent. "You will take over my current duties, I am promoting you to Supreme. My command room is now yours. You are to begin now." Zent turns his dome to face Raak. "I obey." He says simply and trundles away in complete silence. He stops and turns to a communicator, pressing a small red button on it. "Blen. You are to cease your present task and proceed to the main laboratory, keep all unnecessary Daleks away from the chief scientist and Raak." He releases the button and slithers away, a slow mechanical grinding echoing off the smooth hallways.

Hours blur by rapidly, Raak had been transferred to his new travel machine. "The travel machine surpassed my expectations. How do I transfer to the throne in the primary control room?" Raak inquires with a tremendous voice that commands genuine respect. "Worry not Emperor, there is no access point. You will transmat yourself into the throne." The chief science dalek answers and backs away slowly. Raak seemingly ignores this action and activates the transmat system in his travel machine. Deep below the surface the towering stationary casing flickers to life, the eyepiece flickers alight and raises. "The design exceeds specifications. The exposed pipework can be improved for the next Emperor." Raak mutters to himself as he observes the operations going on within the command centre. "Technical Dalek, what is the status of central procreation?" Raak turns his attention to a singular technical dalek. "Chief of Procreation reports they are yet to begin procreation of the first generation. Previous reports state calibration of the software has been difficult." The technical dalek replies in a quick, high tone. "Internal security reports humanoid intruder in level zero." Another speaks up, almost sounding panicked, the room falls silent as they turn to face Raak. "The humanoid is our prisoner. Have the Chief of Internal Security order two guards be stationed outside the door that leads to the prison cell. No one below the City Council is permitted to enter." Raak replies, his voice silencing the room. "Summon the command level Daleks." He falls silent and stares down at the three daleks before him. "I obey." They all chant and turn back around to face their monitors.

"Emperor, all command level Daleks present." Vilonite announces, quickly falling silent as they all stare up at Raak. "We have made considerable progress with our mission. However, according to all the history records I procured during my various meetings with the golden tyrant when we were under his rule reveals the Daleks have numerous enemies. To name a few are as follows: The Thals, Mechanoids, Movellans, The Time Lords. In addition to these we must consider any and all Daleks who do not originate from this dwarf planet a threat to our existence. We do not know of their activities therefore I propose two contingency plans: Operation Ironside and Plan Beta." Raak pauses, allowing his subordinates to process the information. "Operation Ironside will utilise Daleks who are highly trained in espionage and concealment. They will infiltrate the planets of our enemies, spy on their activities and report it to us. Plan B will utilise the dormant Annex forces in the event of a full scale invasion. That is why I had them go into dormancy." He stops, allowing his subordinates to speak. "Would it not be more effective to attempt remote access to our enemies' security systems?" Third Mate Vurn inquires with a deep tone with a nasal croak. "Our infiltration would be detected the moment we attempted such a feat. Even if we did succeed, the transmission distance is so large, even by cosmic scale, the carrier bandwidth would degrade and all we would get is distorted and corrupted data - such would be unrecoverable and totally useless." Sub Commander Var answers in a snarling, guttural tone.

"Would it simply be more efficient to connect all our forces to a central database, in the Human dialect a 'hive mind' thus eliminating the need of a transmission device of our design?" Secondary Sub Commander Nol inquires as he stares at Raak. "It is true implementing a hive mind structure to our ranks would eliminate the risk, meanwhile it would impose restrictions on the free will that you and your forces have been granted. I personally can not condon anything that may send us on a path of becoming a second batch of the golden tyrant's failed endeavours." He replies in a softer tone as he looks to each of his subordinates who stand before him. "Quam, you are to select 15 daleks with the highest tolerance to mental influence, you are to train them to be utterly inconspicuous and absolutely impervious to interrogation. Go now, you are to task. The rest of you, return to your duties." Raak falls silent, allowing his subordinates to leave and return to their duties. "Emperor, would the golden tyrant attack us here?" A technical dalek questions, turning their dome to face Raak. "There is a possibility the golden tyrant might. I suspect at first the golden tyrant will get one of his drone-masters to lead an attack here, if such attack fails the tyrant might consider committing as many daleks as possible to exterminating us." Raak answers with a softer tone, turning to face the technical dalek. He pauses and examines the three technical daleks, noting their casings were shaking, realising the human factor gave Daleks back emotions he opts to use a father-like position with these three daleks. "You need not worry. Even if our location is detected you will be safeguarded by Plan Beta." He falls silent, allowing the three daleks to return to their work.

Months later the control room is silent, nothing noteworthy happening for a while. "Emperor, I present to you the first Ironside bastion. These are the best recruits for Operation Ironside." The chief instructor announces as he and Quam lead 15 army green Daleks into the control room, each fitted with a variety of tools and equipment. "We have scanned the entirety of Human history for their most elite forces, learnt from their training and taught the Ironsides what we could translate into Dalek warfare." He stops and moves aside to allow Raak full access to the fifteen Ironsides. "Impressive." Raak begins to speak, only to be cut off. "Warning: Unidentified space crafts detected. Silhouettes indicate three species of origin: Dalek, Mechanoid and Movellan." A technical dalek barks in shock, they all turn to Raak for a course of action. "This is as ideal a time as any to test the Ironsides. You will break off into three groups, hijack the ships and bring them here for repairs to their engines." The Ironsides turn quickly and leave with Quam to aid them with transport to the space craft. "Activate Quam's visualiser. I desire to watch the Ironsides' progress." Raak commands a technical dalek. "I obey." The screen flickers, changing to Quam's vision.

The screen shows Quam piloting a gunship to the inactive spacecraft. The Ironsides disembark and float towards the three different vessels. "Change the visualiser to Ironside team 1 leader." The chief instructor barks. "I obey." The screen flickers to another dalek, viewing him being the first to board the dalek craft. "Spread out and exterminate any imperial dalek who shows signs of activity. Take no survivors and meet at the bridge." He snarls as the airlock bulkhead slams shut behind them. "We obey." The other four snarl back and break apart, heading in different directions. The leader heads directly to the bridge, placing a destructo-charge on the door and detonates it, blasting the door off its hinges. In the smoke he moves in, firing his gunstick at a pair of blue lights as they turn to face the smoke. "Exterminate!" He calls out, followed by two short lived agonised screams. "Ironside Leader to Ironside soldiers: Bridge secured." He calls out triumphantly as he takes command of the ship, bringing its secondary reactors online and landing thrusters to reorientate the ship. Hours later the Ironsides return with the crippled ships, landing in the maintenance bays. "Have the ground crews bring those ships to operational levels, leave the damage to the hulls. Focus on getting their galactic drives restored." Raak commands one of the general duty daleks. "I obey."

Weeks blur by in rapid succession, the ironsides had departed for their destinations. "Emperor, the ironsides have left the galaxy. The Annex security forces are being transferred to stronger travel machines as ordered." Supreme Dalek Zent announces as he skulks his way into the command room. "What has been done to resolve our resource shortages? We have rapidly burnt out our resource stockpile." He continues briefly drawing Raak's attention. "Blen has travelled to a mineral rich planet with a platoon of combat veterans. He will negotiate a garrison of reserve forces to guard the planet in return we will receive 15% of all mined resources." This answer seemingly satisfies Zent who leaves the room, returning to his duties. "Emperor, Ironside Team Two reports they have landed on the Mechanoid home world. Disclosure has been avoided and a makeshift operations base has been established. They will begin infiltration in the next two work days." A technical Dalek announces, breaking the silence and drawing Raak's attention back to the daleks below. "Team Four is encountering difficulties infiltrating the Time Lord homeworld. A previous incarnation of The Doctor is commencing attempted sabotage actions. Teams One, Three and Five are en route to their destinations."

Meanwhile on the other side of the city Zent can be seen conversing with the chief science Dalek. "How sure are you that these upgrades to the Annex forces will be superior in defence positions?" He questions the chief scientist. "The upgrades received will not only protect the mutant further, but will enable support for heavy weapon backs. They will receive regular flash training in defence tactics. In the meantime I have been researching the Emperor's desire to reverse the mutations that caused the Kaleds to become nothing more than what we are now. My research suggests the Humans are the best candidates."