3. The Descent Into Insanity

Four hours of assorted bickering later, they finally heard the announcement they had long since been awaiting: the descent had begun.

"Is everyone ready?" The UN asked, his face pale with exhaustion, despite the spark of merriment in his turquoise eyes.

"Ja, Sir!" Germany nodded, scooping up his art supplies and carefully placing them in the overhead locker as instructed by the cabin crew.

"Yeah..." Ame groaned, ceasing his selfie-taking session and putting his phone away in his trouser pocket.

Russia and China simply grunted, sick of all other living creatures, while NATO began clapping violently, much to the EU's intense displeasure.

"Wake up, Britain..." The EU muttered, remembering the nation resting peacefully against her, oblivious to the announcements of the pilot and the UN.

"WAKE UP, BRITAIN!"

"AAAAH, WHAT?"

"WE'RE GOING DOWN!"

"WE'RE CRASHING?"

"NO, WE'RE LANDING!"

"...AND YOU WOKE ME UP FOR THAT?"

"I... YES-"

"Please!" The UN finally sighed, ending the whinge-fest, "Just get up and follow me... We landed and everyone else left the plane while you two were busy bickering!"

"J'suis desole, Monseur" [Apologies for my terrible French... At least it's better than in my Oneshots book...]

"Sorry, Sir..."

Mortified, the two finally left the aeroplane, silently following the nations in front of them and sitting solemnly on the airline's coach together until they reached their final destination: a rather stunning coastal resort with crystal-blue pools and adjacent to what could easily be the most gorgeous white-sand beach in Europe.

Similarly, China and Russia remained in a comfortable silence, united by their distain for the conversation NATO and America were having in front of them about nuclear weaponry and what colour their bombs ought to be painted (neon yellow, apparently).

Germany stayed relatively quiet too, opting to stay somewhere between the EU and the UN, occasionally chatting with the latter about whatever seemed fitting.

At last, they reached the front desk, and while the others admired the decorative palm trees and uniquely crafted furniture created by the locals, the UN collected four room keys, handing one to Germany, one to the EU, one to China and keeping one for himself.

"EU and NATO, you're sharing room D114, Germany and UK are in S216, China and America are in F117, and myself and Russia will be in C106."

"Can I swap?" Ame grunted, glaring at China.

"No."

"Pleaseeeee?"

"N.O."

"Awh"

"Come on, it's late..." The UN sighed for the millionth time that day, "Let's all go up to our rooms and sleep... We'll meet back here at 11am local time tomorrow, ok?"

Nodding grumpily, everyone found their designated partner and began plodding around the resort in search of their warm, comfy beds and safe, cosy apartments.

Next chapter will be longer, I promise!