Prologue

Ro's POV

It was another tiresome day down at my lab. I was still trying to perfect my bomb detection ear piece.

Since I couldn't really leave the house to get some sample bombs I had to improvise. Look up a bunch of articles for bombs (which probably put me on the FBI watch list) and see what elements and compounds are usually common in them that can be detected.

I lay on my bed and look at the door that leads to the balcony. All I can see is a titanium metal sheet covering the whole door. Locked... As usual.

As much as I would LOVE to leave my house I can't risk it right now. Last time I did that I barely made it out alive....

Unfortunately, my food supply is almost running out, and I'm running out of things to do.

At least I'm tired enough to be able to fall asleep.

I drifted off to sleep thinking about what to do tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

I wake up to the sound of my alarm and the flashing red lights in my room.

Someone's at the door.

I check the my phone to see a giant humanoid thing pounding on the gate.

It was huge, possibly around 200 cm tall with muscular build, possibly larger than a body builder who subjected themselves to steroid injections. Patches of fur all over it's body, it's face contorted to the rough shape of a gorilla's, yet human at the same time. It's an uncanny sight to say the least.

Monstrous.

It broke through the gate and proceeded to climb towards my balcony.

BANG

BANG

BANG

I could hear it banging through the titanium door.

I run towards the hallway with my strap-taser on my right arm.

As I close the door the thing breaks in. I aim my taser at it and set it to the maximum ampere.

I shoot the taser and it hits the being in the chest, causing it to scream in pain.

The electricity then follows suit, shocking the being making it roar louder than it did the first time.

After a few seconds, the thing drops on the floor.

That was surprisingly easy. This thing must've been really unstable.

As I go to inspect it most of the muscle mass turns into pus covering majority of my room.

What's left is a scrawny body of a man lying on the floor, different organs of the man were sprawled on the floor.

It's bones were showing in a few areas as well, mainly the limbs.

I turn the body over to see it's face and see who it was.

Jefferson?

Ethan's intern....

I check different parts of his body and the area of pus and sure enough, I found it.

Skyheart Enterpises.

Ethan's patchwork was on the creature's body.

Why....? He did nothing....

I can't dwell on the why's right now. My life is in danger.

I pack up some clothes and as much tools, money and tech I can fit into my bags. I head to the elevator down to the lab where it's nearest to the garage. I turn off the security system in the house and open the secret pathway to lead me out of the city.

I look at my laboratory door one last time and sigh.

I don't have a choice....

I turn on the ignition of my car and set out to leave my home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm 3 cities away from home and now I realize I don't have anywhere to go.

I park at a nearby gas station and groan, pulling my hair.

Ughh! Where am I supposed to go??

I check my phone and it's around 6am. I've been driving for 6 hours.

I sigh to myself and lay in my car.

What do I do? All my friends are in the city and too scared to even get close to me... If I still have them at all...

I don't have relatives either. My parents died in a car crash when I was in college. They didn't have sibling or anything so no grandparents or aunts or uncles either.

I was crying.

I was so confused on what to do. What does anyone do when some psycho wants you dead?

I doubt any normal person would have survived this long but still!

I then hear a ping from my phone. I check to see who it was.

Crystal: Roooo! Guess what??

I snort in amusement. She always had this positive mood I wish I could emulate.

Ro: What? What happened?

Crystal: I'M HAVING A BABY!!! AAAAAAAAA (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻

Ro: Woah! Congrats!!

Crystal: Thank you!! I can't think of any names thooooo .·´¯'(>▂<)´¯'·.

I envy her. She has this pretty little life in a quaint community in the middle of who-knows-where with only baby names and what-not to worry about while I'm here running for my life.

Wait.... Quaint community in who-knows-where! THAT'S IT!!

Ro: Hey Crys, do you mind doing me a favor?

Crystal: What is it?

Ro: Would you mind letting me stay in your place for about a week? Life's been hard on me lately.

Hard is an understatement, but I can't really tell her monstrous beings are chasing me wanting to kill me because my old colleague told them to now can I? I doubt she'd even believe me.

Crystal is typing.....

I hope she says yes...

Crystal: ABSOLUTELY!!!(✧Д✧)

Crystal: You can even stay until the baby shower if you want?? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Woah- until the baby shower? Isn't that months away?

I would be more than happy to just move in there but as far as I know, the place is practically a cult.

Some ritual-like stuff, their affinity for secrets and the fact that when I would call Crystal I would hear people talk about some "moon goddess" or "shifting" or whatever in the background.

Well, I guess if they let me, sure. Beggars can't be choosers, after all.

The second Ethan's goons come after that little community though, I better leave before someone gets hurt.

Ro: Thanks Crys.

Crystal: No problem Ro ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ

I asked for directions on how to get there and see that it's most likely a 5 hour drive forward from where I am.

I lock my car and doze off in my car before I drive to Crystal's place.