Chapter 3: Mates

Damian's POV

I woke up pretty early in the morning and went out for a run in the forest.

My wolf's been really fucking restless since yesterday.

Probably just cause of the paperwork.

Or the human....

Wait- why am I thinking about that?

As I ran near my beta's house I hear the sound of shuffling and metal clanking around.

Probably someone looking for something?

Then this amazing scent hits my nose.

The smell of fresh ground coffee with a small amount of something metallic.

Where is this coming from?

I sniff the air and realize it's coming near Isaac's house.

What's inside his house that's making that sorta scent?

I run closer to their house and spot a girl near a red car.

She had brown hair tied in a messy bun. Her eyes were light brown and surrounded by some dark circles, my guess from lack of sleep, though it isn't all that obvious behind her rectangle glasses.

She's wearing a blue turtleneck, light brown dress pants, and bunny slippers.

I just can't keep my eyes off her. She's so.... Irresistible....

I didn't expect myself to ever call someone that but that's what is is.

I watch her from the bushes as she opens the back seat of her car and watch as a large pile of bags, suitcases and metals just falls out of the car.

I laugh at the sight.

So cute...

"Just my luck..." I hear her murmur under her breath.

If it weren't for my wolf ears I probably wouldn't have heard her beautiful voice.

I watch her look for something in her car before she grabs a backpack from the car and throws the rest of the stuff that fell back in her car.

She shuts her car and grabs her phone from her pocket.

I look at her with wonder what she's gonna next. She grabs her phone and then taps it a few times before I hear a voice come from the car.

"Engaging Heavy Lock."

I stared at her confused at what that meant but then her car was then covered by some metal sheets or some shit coming from the bottom of her car.

After the car is fully covered she just walks away humming some tune heading to go inside, with her bag on her shoulder.

After she closes the door, I stare for a few seconds, dazed at the girl I just saw right infront of me.

Then I remember what this means....

I found my mate....

Now I want nothing more than to barge into Isaac's house and take my mate home or just fucking hold her and make her mine right then and there.

I mind link Isaac about this.

"Isaac." I said through mind link.

"What?" He asked, he sounds like he just woke up.

"I was out for a run and I think I found my mate. It's that human in your house." I said.

"What? Her? Seriously?" He said.

"What? Got a problem with that, bitch?" I said, annoyed.

"No, no. It's not that. I just didn't expect you to have a human mate. Your mate being best friends with my mate nonetheless." He said.

"I'm outside of your house right now. I wanna meet her." I said.

"Woah wait! Are you out on a run in your wolf form?? If you turn into your human form and just barge in you'll just be standing in front of her butt-naked." He said.

"So what? She's my goddamn mate!" I said.

"And human! Look, I know you probably think she'll be alright with the whole werewolf thing, especially since she just went here with a lot of stuff, like she's planning to move or something..."

"Her bags? You think she wants to move to here??" I asked.

It kinda looked like she's ready to move anyway.

Does she know we're mates? Is she ready to move in with me?? No what? No way.

"Yeah uhh... Just get some clothes and you can meet for lunch later." Isaac said.

Yes! Yes! Yes! After years of waiting for my mate she's FINALLY FUCKING HERE!

"DAMIAN!!" I heard Isaac's mate through mind link.

"For fuck's sake Crystal chill out." I said to her.

"I heard from my hubby here that Ro's your mate, huh?" She said.

"Ro? That's her name?" Beautiful name for a beautiful girl....

"Listen, don't get so closey-closey or whatever you wanna do to her so fast buddy. She's got some things going on and if I see her crying or panicking cause of you I WILL RIP YOUR HEAD!!!" Crystal said.

"JEEZ! Alright alright, goddamnit! Normal human lunch meet, got it. No wolves, no mates shit, no romance, nothing." I said.

"Good." Crystal said.

I sigh at the thought. No hugging or kissing or flirting or romance??? But it's what mates do, right?

I even watched Isaac and Crystal declare their love to each other when they just knew about each other for a goddamn month.

I guess since she's human I gotta take it slow with her.

I sigh and look at the house again. I see her by the window eating pancakes.

She looks so happy to be here, just talking to Isaac's mate. She looks so tired but still has the strength to smile and just enjoy what's happening in front of her.

Such a ray of sunshine.

I smile to myself.

Well if it means I get to spend the rest of my life with her.... I'll do anything... Even wait a thousand years...

"Sounds corny af." I hear Isaac say in mind link.

"What the-? YOU FUCKING HEARD THAT???" I said with my face getting hotter.

"I think you accidentally mind-linked everyone with that corny message man. Crystal's just out here laughing her ass off trying to explain to Ro why she's laughing." Isaac said.

Goddess save me from this hell.

Now I'm really glad she isn't a wolf. I don't think I could ever show myself to her after that monstrous fuck up.

I still wanna bang my fucking head at a wall for that dumbassery.

Actually I fucking did. On a tree. A couple times. And I wanna do it a hundred more.

"What the fuuuuucckkk....." I told Isaac and he just laughed at me through mind link.

"Damn Damian you're whipped!" He said and I just run off, still embarrassed as fuck.

I better get ready to meet my mate later anyway!