Chapter 5: Lunch

Ro's POV

I was in my room with my laptop. For some reason this place has no wifi so now I'm just staring at my laptop for a whole minute.

Why did I not realize there's no wifi? 

I sighed and went downstairs to get my packable satellite dish in my car.

When I got down I saw Crystal reading a book.

"Hey Crys, can I plant a satellite dish in your roof?" I said.

Crystal looked at me in concern. "Don't you wanna wait for the guys to come and plant it for you?"

"No, I think I'll manage." I said. She shrugged and just nodded.

I went to my car, dug up my satellite set in my pile of bags and went inside. I took out my phone and measured the distance between the window of my room and the roof and compared it to the length of my powerline.  Luckily it was long enough if I place it correctly.

I went into my room again and turned on my satellite dish. The base popped out it's robotic legs and I took the remote. 

I connected the powerline to the nearest socket and made the dish go up to the roof. After it was there, hello wifi.

I connected my laptop to my wifi and started checking the cameras in my home. One camera at a time, I checked and checked.....

But no one was there. It wasn't even ransacked it was just the way I left it.

Something is wrong.... Very wrong...

I checked my species identifier and made sure that the species it finds isn't smaller than an average dog.

I checked my location, then looked it up on my identifier.

The results shocked me to my core.....

Unknown species identified.

I refreshed and refreshed but nothing. This isn't right... This has to be a mistake.

I scanned my location to see how many there are.

Hundreds.... Hundreds and hundred of red dots.... Hundreds of this unknown species.

I was panicking.

Did he find me? Was this place all a trap?? What do I do?!

Suddenly, I heard a knock at the door.

"Ro!" Crystal said.

"Ro it's lunch, come on!" She said.

I shaked my head. No way, right? Stupid thing must be on the fritz or something, or the wifi is bad.

"Coming!" I said.

I hid my laptop and went downstairs after Crystal called me.

Hopefully this whole date thing isn't gonna be so bad... Right?

Damian's POV

I'm fucking sweating sweating right now. Seriously.

I'm here in my beta's house waiting for my mate to come downstairs. I couldn't even get to shower!

Stupid rogues.

Those motherfuckers have been crossing over our territory for fucking years now.

And my warriors aren't having it easy with those bitches either...

I then smell that familiar coffee like scent again.

Mate.

I look at the staircase to see my mate walking down.

Her beautiful brown eyes pierce the surrounding with this strict yet endearing aura.

She's so beautiful.... She's so MINE.

I shake off those thoughts and straighten my back.

From what I heard from Isaac, she's probably a formalist. Though from how she was earlier, I sorta doubt it.

Maybe she's nervous around me. I smile at the thought. Imagine her getting flustered while I hold her in my arms while we kiss.

AH! No! No! I can't drag my mind to pervy shit. Not now.

She walks towards me and smiles at me.

"Hello, Damian, right?" She said. Her beautiful voice....

"Hi Ro! Yep, yeah, that's me! Damian!" I said. Holy fuck I can feel my cheeks turning red.

After that we just stood there. Like idiots.

Goddamnit think of something, me! Uhhh....

Suddenly Isaac called us outside.

"Ro! Damian! We're back here!" Isaac said.

We walked to their backyard and saw Isaac and Crystal having a cook out.

"ROOOO!!!" Crystal yelled. She ran towards my mate and started hugging her.

Crystal held on for a few seconds before my mate said "Too.... Tight...", And Crystal let her go.

My mate was gasping for air and I started panicking.

"A-are you okay?" I asked while rubbing her back.

She kept breathing heavily before she could say anything.

"Yeah... Yeah... Fine...." She said between breaths. I was glaring daggers at Crystal for hurting my mate.

"What?" Crystal said.

"She's just a little fragile. She's human after all." She said in mind link.

"If you knew then why the fuck would you hold on so tight??" I said.

I was about to scream at her when Ro called my name.

"Can you get me some water...?" She said.

I carried her and sat her down on a nearby chair, then went and got her a cup of water from the kitchen.

As I was walking I could hear them talk from outside.

"Soooo, what do you think of Damian?" Crystal said.

"Uh- er... Fine?" Ro said.

Goddamnit I made a bad impression on her didn't I?

I got back with the cup of water and handed it to her.

"Thanks..." She said while looking down.

Oh no. I scared her, didn't I? Was I scowling when I mind linked Crystal? Was it something I said?? Is she gonna reject me??

Just then Isaac just finished grilling all the steak and we started eating. It was quiet for a while before Crystal decided to talk.

"So... As you guys are aware, this is basically a double date." I nodded and my mate shrugged.

"So, let's try letting you two get to know each other!" Isaac said.

"With an ICE BREAKER!!" Crystal said.

"Can you please not." My mate said.

"Why? It seems fun, right?" I said. I wanted to get to know her but I didn't expect my mate to be a bit.... Quiet....

Ro sighed and pushed back her hair. She looked at me and inhaled.

"Fine." She said looking at Crystal.

"Yay!!" Crystal said.

"So let's start with-" Crystal was cut off by my mate.

"Can I be the one with the first question?" My mate said.

"Oh... Okay!" Crystal said.

My mate looked at me and asked "What is your current career?"