Chapter 1: The Human Girl

Damian's POV

I was in my office doing paperwork when I heard a knock on the door.

"WHAT??" I yelled.

I've been up almost all night doing these papers and I barely made a dent.

Why do we even have this?? I can't even understand half of what this shit is saying.

The door opens and I see Isaac with a grin on his face.

This better be fucking good.

"Hey Damian... You look rough." Isaac says.

"No shit Sherlock, I haven't slept. Now what the hell do you want." I say.

"Well, I have good news and a favor." I raise my brow at what he's about to say.

"What?"

"Well, the good news is: Crystal and I are having a pup!" He says.

I give a small smile "Congrats Isaac! You'll be a great dad."

I'm pretty jealous though. I'm one year away from being 30 and I still haven't found my mate.

Isaac found his mate when we were 20.

Lucky bastard.

"And what's the favor?" I ask him. I don't really have the energy to talk to people for long. I have to train the warriors later anyway.

"Well.... Crystal has a friend that wants to stay here for a while.... And she's human." He says.

"WHAT?? A HUMAN?? IS YOUR MATE FUCKING INSANE??" I scream, standing up from my chair and slamming my hands on the table. I can't believe this.

"DON'T TALK ABOUT MY MATE LIKE THAT!" Isaac screams back. I try to keep it in and make sure I don't fucking rip his throat out for yelling back at me.

He's just defending his mate. I'll understand one day.

I sit back down on my chair and groan, looking at my beta as I pinch the bridge of my nose.

"And what makes you think this human is trustworthy?" I asked him.

"Well it's not like she has to KNOW we're werewolves. Crystal says her friend isn't really the type to leave the house often." He said.

"Okay, well how about seeing wolves running around? Or your damn job? Or your mate's-" I get cut off.

"All of that is taken care of, Alpha. According to my mate her friend is an innovator and really prefers science. So even if she sees anything that may hint that we're werewolves, she'll probably just think it's some other rational reason. Besides, my mate said she thinks we're some sort of cult." Isaac laughs at the thought.

I laugh at it too.

Oh, simple minded humans.

I sigh afterwards. "Fine, fine. She can stay."

"Yes! Thank you Alpha!" He says.

"BUT! There's a few rules she has to follow if she wants to stay here." I say.

"What are they, Alpha?" Isaac asks.

"I'll think about it later. Just go for now." I tell him and he leaves the room.

I look down at the stacks of paper work, thinking about what I just said yes to.

I don't usually agree to humans being on pack lands, especially a human I've never met.

Maybe I'm just tired or something's off but I feel like I made the right choice letting that human in.

I stare longer at the paper work and decide I should just sleep for now. I'll deal with that a different day.