Chapter 4

Killjoy was nervously fidgeting with a deactivated NanoSwarm. She had double and triple checked that she had all her gear, and the diffuser was tucked into her little backpack but she couldn't help but fidget. 

A few days after telling Brimstone she finished the prototype for a deffuser, Cypher had goten reports of Omega planning to attack Shinjuku, Japan codenamed Split. this was the pefect time to test the Deffuser and stop Omega from stealing their Radiant. "stop messing with that bruv, making me nervous." a british accent called out, surprising the german and leaving her stumbling to catch the NanoSwarm before it dropped agaisnt the ground. after a few minutes of fumbling she ganced up to see the other agents who would join her for the mission Arive, and were looking at her with a eyebrow raised. "ah..um sorry.. just snuck up on me.." Killjoy fumbled, though that got them to look away. breathing a sigh of relif she looked around to see Brimstone and Sage stepping forward to talk with Viper, who was leading the team. Pheonix was with Raze and Jett, talking and joking with them. Killjoy pulled her attention away from the group of three as heavy footsteps alerted her of ehr gairdian approching, "got everything you need kid?" "Ja.. i hope so." Brimstone simply nodded, glancing over Killjoy quickly. "remeber if you know the deffuser isnt going to work you get out of there. i dont want any injured agents coming back you hear?" Brimstone said, to killjoy nodding. "ja, i know Brim. " 

Brim just nodded as Viper called the other two. "cmon guys, lets not give Omega the uperhand." Killjoy nods and pulled away from brim heading to the plane, followed by Pheonix shortly after. once the door closed Killjoy took a seat, once again messing with the deactivated Nanoswarm. Kiljoy jumped as Pheonix slumped into the seat next to her with a heavy exale, and Viper sat on the seat across from her. "killjoy, your going in first, clear the area around the spike, then make sure your little defusser works. me and Pheonix will move in as soon as you clear site and wil make sure it stays that way. you got it?" Both the sential and duelist nod, satisfying Viper enough to start messing with her own gear. "yo KJ, is that what you been messing with?" Pheonix said, and Killjoy nodded after a moment. 

"yea, after what happened to Venice Brimstone wanted me to find a way to defuse the spike.." Pheonix just nodded eyeing the Engineer though before he could say anything Viper spoke up. "Killjoy, your up." Killjoy nodded and pocketed her nanoswarm, grabbing her vandal tightly as the side door opened. as soon as the rope reched the ground Killjoy was zipping down, her shoes impacting the earth with  a quiet thump. As soon as she disconcetted she ducked under cover and called out her Turent to watch her back. she couldnt hear anyone, though she was in the Hallways to B-site, she she started pressing forward. as she got closer to Site she could hear muffled talking the the quiet thud and beeps of the spke being planted. cursing softly in german she loaded her Vandal and motioned for her turrent to follow her before running ot and starting to shoot. there seemed to be only Kingdom grunts walking around, and she dispatched mos of them with quick shots, needing to dive behind coer as the last one started shooting at her. She saw the spike half hidden behind a metal tube and smirked. she recalled her turrent alittle further to shoot the grunt as she ran for the tube. 

a sudden burst of pain in her shoulder was her only warning, stumbling at the sudden force before ducking into the tube. her adreline kept her from feeling the pain from the wound and she took advanatge of it, poking her head out and shot down the final grunt. "Sit-sites clear, starting deffusal" She murmered into the coms, relying info to Viper and Pheonix who where still on the dropship. "good work, we are on our way." "you good bruv?" Killjoy chuckled softly at the two diffrent reactions. "ja, they got a lucky hit but im good. be careful there could still be Kingdom grunts and Omega agents." With that she postioned her turrent at the entrance of the tube and started digging for her Deffuser, praying that it would work. the thumps of feet hitting the ground had her freeze before both Viper and Pheonix ducked into her cover, at the moment her turrent goes off and starts shooting. "can you defuse it?" Viper said fimrly, eyes already catching the blood splatter staining the enginners jacket red. Killjoy held the deffuser up proudly, with a Ja, before flinching as her turrent was shot down, and exploded next to them. 

"i got this.." "wait Pheonix.." Pheonix was to quick ducking under the grab and heading for the kingdom agent wo had turned tail and ran. "go after him, ill be fine." Killjoy said quickly, knowing how the duelitst got. Viper seemed to hesitate for a moment before nodding and heading out. Killjoy started going over her notes in her head, needing to super heat the radinate somehow, the beepig getting louder in her ear. she fumbed around the scraps of her turent to find the radiante cube she used for her inventions. clicking it into place she pointed it at the spike and held the trigger, praying under her breath in german and pleading for it to work. "cmon cmon, just start damn it...."

When Viper and Pheonix retruned, Killjoy had yet to defuse the spike, trying to figure out what was wrong with the diffuser. the beeping was getting faster so Viper  grabbed the radinate cube and handed it to Pheonix, "Super heat it quickly." Pheonix looked surpirse but nodded and heated up the cue before handing to killjoy who quickly clicked it in and held it to the spike, lucikly this time showing that it was working. as the beeping got louder, and things lifting from the ground, the beeping just stopped. the spike seemed to just fold into itself  and Killjoy slumped backwards in relif. "i didnt actually think it would work!" "oh really? how about telling us next time?" Pheonix said, earning a playful glare from the enginner. After a moment of relaxing, Killjoy got to work securing the spike as Viper called for the dropship, not before patting killjoys head softly "good job little maus."