Chapter 5

As soon as they returned home, and the ramp lowered Killjoy found herself engulfed in a hug.  she yelped softly as her shoulder wound was jostled but quickly hugged her gaurdian back. as he pulled back to talk with Viper, Jett and the bombs expert bounded up to the engineer and the fire radiant. "Phoenix! Killjoy! did you get i? did it work?" Jett said bouncing between the two. Killjoy muttered something and pushed past the group of duelist to head towards her workshop to make updates to the defuser. now that the adrenaline is running off, she could feel the stinging of the bullet wound. "huh? where's she going?" she could hear jetts confused voice, though didn't turn around to answer, though soft footsteps told her someone was giving chase.

"Hey are you okay?" A brazilian accented voice shook Killjoy out of her thoughts and she looked over her shoulder to see the bombs expert duelist. "u-uh.. yeah im okay.." The duelist shot her a look, showing she didn't believe the engineers word. "yea and that blood spot on your jacket says otherwise. you better be heading to Sage, that looks nasty.." "it didn't hit anything vital, i can still use it." "yea but judging by theres no blood patch in the back its still stuck, and it will get infected." Killjoy just hummed softly in response, not changing course to the workshops. a hand grabbed her good shoulder, halting her movements. she turned to see the bombs expert giving her a hard stare. "cmon Killjoy. im taking you directly to Sage now." The other engineer was stronger than Killjoy, surprising her enough to let herself be dragged towards the healer. 

Viper watched the engineer leave before her vision was covered by Brimstone. "so did the Diffuser work?" Viper just nodded once. "there was minimum kingdom activity, we sent in Killjoy first to try and stop the planting, though she was compromised once Phoenix and I had followed, Phoenix needs the Double explanation.. he saw his double." Brimstone nods and turns to where the Fire and Wind radiants were, though no longer seeing the Engineer anymore. "Phoenix meet me in the debrief room, and bring jett with ya. Try to find Raze too, its about time i finally filled you in with what we are dealing with here." He saw both of the duelist nod before turning and heading to the debrief room to fill the other agents in. 

"Sage! " killjoy flinched slightly at the volume of the duelist, laughing though when she was promptly shut up by the healer herself. "Raze! lower your voice please, there are people resting." Raze had the decency to look sheepish but pushed killjoy forward slightly, "sorry Sage, but killjoy got a hit." Killjoy squirmed slightly as the healer shifted her focus from the loud duelist to the engineer. "Ah Killjoy! you had a mission correct? how'd it go!" the kind healer directed killjoy over to a empty hospital bed. As so as she sat down she slowly removed her jacket, grunting oftly as her would was jostled slightly. Raze followed behind and stood at the foot of the bed, ready to watch over the engineer. Sage came back with  set of pliers and local anesthetics. "it looks like theres no exit wound so that means the bullet is still odgd in your shoulder.. if i heal it, the bullet would remain and do worse damage.. so that means we need to get the bullet out.." Killjoy squirmed slightly at the words, already not liking this. "i can numb the area around your shoulder so you wont feel the pain, but it will feel weird okay?"

Killjoy nodded faintly, and looked away as Sage started prepping the area by cleaning the wound, then piercing the skin with the needle. letting it sit for a few minutes to take effect, was the worst few minutes. Killjoy was tense already not looking forward to this part, though feeling a warm hand touch hers, she looked up. Raze had moved to stand beside the other engineer offering her support. Killjoy gave a faint smile, gripping the others hands softly, as Sage smiled. "here we go." Killjoy squeaked softly, the pliers feeling weird against her and she turned away to not see the blood. "hey Killjoy! wanna do some tinkering after this?" killjoy looked over at the bombs expert again, chuckling softly at her expression. "u-uh sure! so long as you dont blow anything up in my lab!" Raze scoffed softly, rolling her eyes and gaining a laugh from the other. "Ay! where did you hear that!" "from cypher and Phoenix, said you blew up your workshop more times than they could count!" Raze growled playfully shaking her head. "Ughhhh thats never going to be let down. look i work with bombs! what do you expect!" "i expect you to not need healing every two days because you were to close to a bomb!" sage spoke up, starting the two engineers from their bubble. "killjoy whimpered softly at the faint tinge of pain as Sage finished pulling the bullet out. Raze's hand tightened around hers, offering support. Sage set down the pillars and started healing the wound when Jett and Phoenix walked into the Medic hall. 

"RAZEEEEEEE!" Jett yelled out, earning the same hushed yell from Sage. "Guys! there are people sleeping! quiet please." Jett just shrugged it off. "Raze there you are, Brimstone wants us to meet him in the debrief room. something about the double talk?" Jett and Phoenix walked right up to the bed, watching the last of the healing. "Hi Killjoy! i hoped you actually gotten healed." "well more like i had to drag her here.." Jett chuckled softly, nodding. "you feeling better bruv?" Phoenix said sliding up to killjoys other side, and patted her shoulder. "yea, im all good now." "not all the way, make sure to let your shoulder rest for the day, itll still be sore with phantom pains. but your free to do whatever else. Get some sleep too you look like you need it." Killjoy simply nodded, grabbing her jacket and watching as the duelists. "meet me in my workshop after Raze? if you still want to tinker after.." Raze chuckles and nods. "sounds good KJ! I"ll see you after!" 

killjoy grabbed her jacket and headed out of the medic wing, heading straight for the workshops, holding the diffuser with a sigh. she had so many ideas on how to fix and upgrade the diffuser to make it faster and more portable. sitting down on the bench of her desk she put the diffuser down and started to grab her tools ready to work to protect those closest to her.