Prologue

Babe, how is this going to fit in the car?" I laugh as Laith carries a stuffed red monkey, bigger than him. He's struggling to figure out how to hold it and I can't contain my laughter.
"I may actually pee myself right now," I say grabbing my stomach. Being 8 months pregnant is not for the weak,and this little girl feels like she's laying right on my bladder.
"Lei,I have no clue? I didn't think this out too well. I just know your love for monkeys so I HAD to win it for you."
This man loves me so much and I don't know how I got so lucky to have him in my life. When I moved at 16, I moved to the same block as him, and he came over to help with my boxes. At that moment I knew he was end game for me. A foot taller than me, hazel eyes, and gorgeous,curly long brown hair. He would have it in this high bun sometimes , and my body DID NOT know how to handle those feelings . Laith always complimented my hair. He loved my curls! I always had them out and big and he loved it! When I was little people made fun of me for having an "afro" ,but this whole time I just had beautiful curls and eventually embraced them. He helped calm my nerves of starting a new school,and even made sure to walk me to all of my classes the first week. Unfortunately, we shared no classes together, but would meet up and have lunch. We were at each other's house everyday! So much so that our moms even became close. There was no Solei without Laith. Now here we are 23 years old, engaged,& expecting are sweet Lillie Rose. I couldn't imagine my life being any other way.

"Well, while you figure that out, I'm going to the bathroom before I don't make it."
These days I feel like she's going to fall right out and I still have time before she's due. I don't know how people Love pregnancy. I'm happy and blessed to be growing this human,but it has sucked! Morning sickness? Try all the time sickness! Laith hates taking me out to eat because as soon as we leave I'm throwing up in the parking lot. And sex? Don't even get me started on that process, I can't even roll out the bed let alone try to climb on top of some dick. So it's safe to say, the last 2 months have been very dry for Laith. I help him out in other ways though.

"Okay,If you don't mind I'm going to find some random child to give this to,cause this definitely isn't fitting in the Benz!"

"Go ahead babe. I'm sure you'd make someones day." I reach up to give him a quick kiss and head into the bathroom.

As I'm washing my hands I start to hear a lot of commotion going on outside and then, Pop! Pop! Pop!
Was that? No! It couldn't be?
Pop! Pop! Pop!
Oh my God! It is!
Laith!
I go running out the bathroom to only get pushed right back in by a crowd of people screaming. I'm pushed into the wall trying to fight my way through everyone hoping Laith is okay. As soon as I get through the door I see the red monkey laying buy the Ferris wheel,and go running towards it, dropping to my knees as soon as I get there.
No Laith.
Instead there's a boy who looks to be about 6 years old,laying there in a pool of blood. I don't even realize the screams are mine. In my mind I don't sound like myself. Where's this boys parents? Are there still shooters around? And ,Most importantly,where is Laith?

"Laiiiiiiith!" I scream. "Laiiiiith! Where are you,babe?"
But then I see it. How did I miss it before? Near the side of the bathroom a shoe . A very familiar one. I go hobbling over and turn the corner of the building to see Laith being dragged through the parking lot.

"Laith!!! Let him go! Please!! You don't have to do this!"
Please God, this can't be happening!
"Solei Run! Don't turn around just go!"
Is he crazy? There's no way I'm leaving him. So I go running towards them. The man dragging Laith turns and starts shooting towards me.
Instant pain. It's burning so bad! Everything is getting dark,and I feel another sensation on my leg that makes me drop.
"Noooooooooo!" Is the last thing I hear Laith scream before I pass out.