MIKE - chapter 10

mike is worried, itching to arrive to girlmathlandia. he hadn't put his feelings for mike into perspective until tonight. realizing he might lose him made him feel a deep hurt, one so unimaginably painful he didnt dare to dwell on it for one more second.

as they arrive, to the small circle of huts hidden far into the forest, mike is quick to turn back into a human, untie seb and rush him into a hut labeled "MEDICAL" right on the top. Tiffany follows, calling another girl over to help. "we need to exorcise him!" the girl announces. mike feels a twinge of annoyance. duh! thats why they're bloody here! hes gonna lose seb if they don't act quick.

he doesnt notice the tears pricking in his eyes until they roll down his soft, cheeks. "JUST FIX HIM!!" he bellows. "its a process." the doctor girl says. "it could take hours, days, if not weeks! plus, we must figure out HOW to exorcise the demon. there are thousands of types! each have their own exorcisim."

"don't worry," tiffany butts in "sebs in good hands. sheila has performed 3 exorcisms before. shes been here years. i think its best if you go wait in another hut and get some rest mike." she finishes. "rest!? how can i rest when my friend is basically on his death bed with some andrew tate demon in him threatening my entire bloodline!?" mike says, pacing with his head in his hands, holding back sobs.

Tiffany convinced mike to rest in the other room while sheila worked on his mate. Hours pass and the angst is killing him. Sebs screams werent helping him either, despite Tiffany reasurring him that they were normal and that he wouldn't be in pain for long. mike constantly fought the urge to break through the door and calm seb down, hold his hand and help him through it or something but he figured getting in the way would only make sheilas job harder. some times Tiffany would use her telepathic wolf powers to connect with mike to inform him that the exorcism was going well, which calmed his nerves but he knew the anxiety would eat away at him as long as he had to endure those screams. mike rocked back and forth and waited until he got to see seb for himself.

Somehow, Mike had nodded off. so when he woke early the next morning, the lack of screaming alerted him. once he realized what this could mean, he immediately stood up and rushed to the medical hut. "is he okay!?" mike said, anxiety rising as he layed his eyes upon sebs unconscious body. "hes fine, just needs some rest. hes alive and the exorcism seems to really have worn him out. he should be waking up around now." sheila says, but despite her words, she looks puzzled.

""hes fine" and you look like he just turned into a frog!! hes not even bloody concious!! YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF BETAS." mike screamed. sheila scoffs at mikes outburst, say's nothing and storms out, tiffany following to check on her while telling mike in her head that seb was fine and that it would all be okay. mike nearly breaks his teeth from grinding them so hard when he hears *his* voice. "god quandale! has anyone ever told you to keep your voice down when a bro is tryna sleep?" seb says groggily. he sits up on his elbows and smiles at mike. mike engulfs him in the biggest hug, relief washing over him. "SEBASTIAN SIGMA!! you dont even KNOW how worried i was!!" mike says, feeling tears of happiness and the angst from last night sliding down his cheeks.

"s-s-s-s-sorry!" mike stutters. "its okay!" seb says. they share this moment, just looking at each other silently. they stare at each other for a few seconds longer and seb leans in to kiss mike.