34 - KHALA

Giedi Prime, 10191

"Come with us."

Khala followed the guards cautiously, still remembering the stinging pain of the whip from two nights ago. Of course, the guards that were in front of her were not her tormenters–no, those guards had long since met their ends at the end of Feyd's wrath.

"Where are we going?"

They didn't answer.

She was led through winding hallways, and eventually they stopped in front of a dark door she didn't recognize. It seemed to be new, out of place in the shadowy palace with it's silver adornings.

The guard pushed open the door, revealing a sliver of a barely furnished room, "Leonara has arrived."

"Bring her in."

She recognized the voice of the Reverend Mother. Their daily training sessions had been stopped since her outburst, and Khala was fearful of what the Reverend Mother had prepared for this class.

Was it punishment? She had already been punished plenty, though the Bene Gesserit always had different ideas of torture.

Khala stepped in tentatively, her heart hammering in her chest.

She didn't have to obey the Reverend Mother's orders, of course, but she would have to, for now. As long as it didn't harm anyone, Khala would have to endure it during her wait for Paul–she would bide her time.

The Baron also sat on a chair, his fat oozing off of the metal confinements, providing her with a sense of unease.

What was he doing here? She thought worriedly. His face was twisted in a cruel expression of satisfaction, filling her with further foreboding.

A quick sweep over the bedroom provided her with the curiosity towards a chair sitting in the middle of the room. There were cuffs on the chair, a large machine hanging from the ceiling, and she froze at the sight of them.

Glancing up, she saw the malicious smile on the Baron's face.

Not good.

Is it too late to run?

"Sit."

Khala walked and nestled onto the chair with a sinking feeling in her gut.

Before she could shake the influence of the voice off, the cuffs immediately snapped shut around her wrists and Khala was sent into another frenzy of panic.

"Our newest development–you're the first to experience it's wonders."

Khala's heart pumped faster. Her eyes darted around the room, trying to find out what exactly was going to happen to her, what she could do to avoid it.

"What are you going to do to me?" Her voice was steady despite her fear, her eyes gazing straight into his beady black ones.

"For a Bene Gesserit, your questions are quite unstrategic. Your observancy skills are mediocre at best"

Khala stayed silent, not taking his bait. Her mind raced in ways to escape–but they all lead to dead ends. The collar nestled on her neck restricted her voice, and she was in the presence of a Reverend Mother, adept at using the voice and multiple guards, weaponless.

"That is why me and Gaius have come to the conclusion of giving you... another use."

The Baron's smile widened, his eyes gleaming gleefully, "we are here to unleash you to your full potential. We want Leonara back–but we want Khala's symbolism, Khala the fighter. We want your abilities."