41 - LEONARA

Giedi Prime, 10192

The Baron tried everything he could to gain back the trust he had lost in his allies by inviting them to multiple socials, where he would display Leonara, stating that only when they met her would they realize the true depth of her.

He had lied, said that her little speech and her massacre was only part of the performance to represent who she was not.

They were doubtful of his word, though agreed to arrive nonetheless.

The guests trickled in slowly, with dozens of apprehensive guests watching Leonara from afar, afraid. It was like they were assessing her, like she was an animal caged in a zoo, showcased for everyone to see.

The room was bustling with movement, everyone shifting uncomfortably around her and the baron, creating a large bubble around the pair. They were all fearful since what they witnessed at the arena. But Leonara knew she had changed since then. She had been weak, fallen prey to the fremen's deception. They caused her nothing but pain. Hell, the mere thought of the old comfort they used to provide elicited a burning pain along her back.

Leonara stayed by the Baron's side, swirling her champagne idley. The Harkonnen's allies could watch her, she didn't mind much.

After a long hour of idle talk, the Baron leaned down, his chair squeaking in effort to keep his form upright.

"It's time, my dear," the baron said, "go. Entertain them." He sent her off with a flick of his chubby finger. 

With a curt nod, Leonara walked towards a dark haired woman, who's friends surrounded her protectively as soon as they saw her coming. She happened to be the most closest female Leonara could find, so that was her target. 

The crowd dispersed, not wanting to be anywhere near such a dangerous creature. She was volatile, dangerous, unpredictable.

"Hello there, what's your name?" Leonara flashed her teeth in an attempt to grin. It felt strange– and it certainly looked forced. The woman's eyes flickered up and down Leonara in judgement, before clearing her mouth.

"Luciana."

"Where are you from?" Leonara asked with a cock of her head. Luciana rolled her eyes at the small talk, and Leonara clenched her jaw in suppression of anger.

"House Nebirro, third to the throne," she said proudly, fluttering her eyelashes. Leonara watched the girl wallow in self confidence, silently judging. House Nebirro had little to no impact on politics. 

This girl was proud of being part of such house? When she stood, situated in the greatest house of all time? What insolence!

"Oh, great," Leonara said flatly.

The girl narrowd her eyes, "It's certainly ruled better than House Harkonnen." She said. She turned and murmured to her friend, "The Baron's ruling is a mess."

Leonara's fists clenched at her sides, her nails digging into her palms as she fought to maintain her composure. How dare she speak ill of the Baron, of her master, in such a manner?

This was his house, his palace, and he could do whatever he wanted to her. He could destroy her entire bloodline in a matter of seconds. 

He destroyed the atreides, a major house with only the help of a sardaukar legion. He could destroy such an irrelevant house with merely a quirk of his lips. She herself could destroy them all in a heartbeat. 

"I would think his ruling is quite adequate, seeing as his house is ranked several hundred above yours," Leonara said coolly. The girl's face turned bright red.