53 - KHALA

Arrakis, 10193

As the cheers of the fervent crowd echoed through the cavern, Khala felt a sense of foreboding settle in her chest. War was on the horizon, and the fremen were rallying behind Paul Muad'Dib Atreides with unwavering devotion.

Amidst the jubilation, preparations for the impending conflict began in earnest. The atmosphere within the cavern shifted from one of celebration to one of focused determination. Warriors sharpened their blades, checked their stillsuits for any signs of wear, and practiced their battle formations with a newfound sense of purpose.

Khala moved through the throng of people, her mind racing with thoughts of what was to come. She knew that the Harkonnens would not yield Arrakis without a fight, and the looming presence of the Imperial Sardaukar only added to the gravity of the situation.

As she reached the edge of the cavern, Khala glanced out into the vast expanse of the desert, the swirling sands whispering secrets of the trials that lay ahead. In the distance, she could see the silhouette of the sietch, its towering walls a testament to the strength and resilience of the fremen people.

But amidst the preparations for war, Khala couldn't shake the feeling of unease that gnawed at her insides. She knew that Paul's ascension to power had set them on a path that would irrevocably alter the course of history, and she feared what sacrifices would be made along the way.

She, a Bene Gesserit, knew what he was capable of; knew who exactly he was. These followers... they didn't know. They didn't know to how much of an extent his visions would torture him in the future, even he didn't know. He didn't know yet what he would become once his sight had awakened. And only the stars could tell what he would do with such powerful sight.

And she was scared. After seeing Paul, how could she, Khala, willingly let her child become a Kwizats Haderach? If both her and Feyd survived the war... she would not be able to bear his child, out of fear that their child would become another Kwizats Haderach. He would have visions, just like Paul. She would have to keep her child under tight leashes, never introduced to Bene Gesserit ways in order to suppress her future child's vision.

She shook her head, trying to shake the thoughts from her mind. Such wishful thinking, even hoping that her and Feyd would even make it to eachother's arms in the end.

With a heavy heart, Khala turned back towards the cavern, steeling herself for the challenges that lay ahead. She knew that the fremen would need every ounce of strength and courage they possessed to emerge victorious in the coming conflict. And as she joined her fellow warriors in their preparations, she vowed to do whatever it took to ensure that their fight for freedom would not be in vain.

AN: very short chapter, but its better than not updating tday hahahahha.. sorry guys! It's ap week and i have a shit ton of tests, so I'll be writing more after this week! I'm so sorry for the short chapter, but at least it did a purpose of setting up the story for the end (you'll know what I mean when you read it)