Chapter 2

Adrian's POV

I can't explain it, but something about her draws me in like a moth to a flame. My heart races every time I think of her, and my mind is consumed with thoughts of her.

I'm already twenty-three years old, and I still haven't found a mate yet. As a Beta, I must find a Luna, but it's more than that - I want to find someone to share my life with, someone who makes me feel alive.

But Alpha Roxwell doesn't see it that way. He's made it clear that I need to find a mate soon. My very future as a Beta is at stake. Yet, even in the face of this pressure, my desire for her only grows stronger. It's as if she's the missing piece of my soul, and I can't rest until she's mine.

Mate!

"Shut up, Rhazien," I growled quietly.

Mate!

I looked at the girl behind me. Instead of looking at the ground quietly and submissively like most servants, she's glaring at me.

I snorted to myself.

No wonder she was returned.

"What's your name?" as we continued walking to my house.

"Alyssa," she immediately said. 

"That's Master to you, girl," I said sharply.

"Why would you ask me my name if you're just going to call me girl?" she asked impatiently.

I resisted the urge to chuckle.

"I get to call you whatever I like."

Alyssa rolled her eyes and fidgeted with her shackles, apparently very bored.

Yup, she was an interesting one.

We finally made it to my mansion.

The imposing walls were made of dark stone grey, lending a sense of timelessness to the structure. The material slate added a touch of elegance, giving the mansion a regal appearance.

The property was surrounded by a large moat, which was so wide that it seemed to stretch on forever. To cross the moat, there was a wooden bridge that looked sturdy and well-maintained, its surface coated in smooth, polished marble.

I looked back, wanting to see the girl's face, but she looked unimpressed.

"Are you not surprised at its grandeur?" I asked.

"I've seen bigger," she yawned.

"Like what?" I demanded. 

"Well, my last master had a whole palace. I think he was an alpha or something," she replied casually, checking her nails. 

I gritted my teeth. 

I wanted to impress her.

Mate!

I turned and entered the house. I was greeted by my servants.

"Do you need anything, Master?"

"Bring Maryanna," I ordered.

"What wolf pack are you anyway?" the girl asked.

"The Silvernight Pack," I smirked.

One of the most feared clans, I heard.

To my satisfaction, I turned and saw her eyes had widened. 

"Oh," she squeaked. 

"Where's all your courage gone?" I asked sarcastically. 

Before she could answer, Maryanna stepped up timidly. "You called, Master?"

I nodded. "Yes, I did. Next time come faster. Anyway, I need you to show Alyssa here where the female servants are kept."

She curtsied. "Yes, Master," she beckoned to Alyssa. "Come."

I sighed as I watched them walk away. I decided I would shift to calm my nerves. 

I walked to the backyard and hid behind a rock to take off my clothes. 

I sighed in satisfaction as I shifted.

Mate! You found Mate! Rhazien barked excitedly. 

I did, I replied. 

Need to find her and accept her!

I felt my paws moving toward my home.

Wait! I growled. Not yet! 

Why?

I just met her! She's sixteen!

But she is Mate!

I know you're excited, but not yet!

It was almost like Rhazien was rolling his eyes.

Okay, but if she doesn't accept you, it's your fault! And anyway, you're supposed to find a Luna before Alpha Roxwell demotes you!

Yeah, whatever. Let's just go on a run.

________________________

1 MONTH LATER

________________________

"Beta Adrian."

"Alpha Roxwell."

"Where is your Luna?"

I shuffled my feet awkwardly.

Moon Goddess, I should've listened to Rhazien.

I told you!

Shut up.

"I know who she is, Alpha Roxwell," I said. "I just haven't told her yet."

"Two questions: How has she not sensed it already, and why haven't you told her?"

"She hasn't been ready. She just isn't eighteen yet."

Alpha Roxwell sniffed disdainfully. "I have been merciful. Don't pull the string too much or it'll snap."

"She's only seventeen-"

"I don't care."

"But Alpha-"

"This pack is characterized by merciless wolves! I cannot be lenient even to you."

I sighed. "Okay, I'll tell her. But what if she doesn't accept me?"

"Pray she does, Beta Adrian. Pray she does."

__________________________________________________________

So?

Sorry if the chapter are kinda short lol

Question of the chapter:

If you were a werewolf, what color would your wolf be?

Make sure to vote, comment, and if you really liked it, follow!

Bye!