Chapter 4

Alyssa's POV

I froze in my tracks, my heart pounding so hard and fast that it felt like it was about to burst out of my chest. My palms were slick with sweat. I knew I had to calm down and return to my usual demeanor before Beta could see through my facade.

"Stop joking around, Beta," I drawled, trying to sound nonchalant as I looked down at my nails. "Now please tell me what you want me to do. Be your henchman? Make you look handsome?"

"Accept me," he said in a cool, composed voice. "Be my Luna."

My heart sank as I heard those words. The panic in my eyes must have been obvious because Beta kept pressing.

"I am not your Luna," I said, trying to sound firm and resolute.

"Accept me," he repeated, his tone becoming more and more insistent.

"Didn't you hear me?" I yelled, my mind finally snapping and my voice breaking. "I'm just a servant! I'm not anyone's Luna!"

He kept pushing me, his words cutting through me like a knife. And then, just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, Master spoke up.

"It's a good thing you are someone's Luna, Alyssa," he said, his voice cold and unfeeling. "If you turned 24 years old without having a mate, you will die."

My world spun out of control. Death? Was that really my only option? I felt the anger and frustration building up inside me, and I knew I had to get away before I did something I regretted.

"I will never accept you!" I yelled, my voice echoing through the empty halls. "And- and I hate you! Do you think I'd just accept you after you bought me? After you're constantly tearing down my mental state? I hate you!"

                                                                                                                                                                                                     And with that, I turned and sprinted away from the room.

***

Alyssa, he is your mate!

"No, I won't accept him!" I whispered, tears streaming down my face. "I'd rather die! He just wants to quench his stupid ambition."

The thought of being with someone I didn't love- no, someone I hated- made me feel sick to my stomach. I didn't want to spend the rest of my life pretending to be happy.

Why did fate have to be so cruel? Why was I being forced to choose between a life of misery or death?

He will probably let you be mistress of this whole house.

I knew better. 

I knew that being a Luna meant nothing if the person you were mated to didn't love and respect you.

"He has known I am his Luna and he still treated me like garbage!" I hissed through my tears.

How could I ever escape this fate? How could I ever find happiness?

"I'm going to sneak out," I told Tempest, wiping my tears and trying to stand up. "Just for a bit anyway."

But it's dangerous!

"Everything that happens to me is dangerous," I said, my voice breaking. I just wanted freedom.

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        ***

I made sure the coast was clear before opening the door to the small forest in the back. I ran behind the waterfall. 

I let out a startled scream as I saw another wolf behind the waterfall too.

He was a handsome gray and white wolf with amber eyes. The wolf met my eyes with concern. 

Peace, Alyssa. I am Adrian's wolf.

His voice was deeper with a rough edge to it. I knew it could be terrifying when it wanted to be.

Tempest spoke.

Hello. I am Alyssa's wolf, Tempest. What brings you here?

I should ask the same thing. You are confined to the mansion, are you not?

Shut up, Rhazien. 

Adrian is not happy. He wants Alyssa to accept him.

I said shut up!

Tempest chuckled. He does not want to admit it. Perhaps he thinks it shall show weakness.

There is no weakness in wanting to have your Luna. It is only natural to not want to live alone.

I spoke up. Maybe he should have thought about that before he treated me like dead meat. He has known this whole time, yes?

Rhazien's voice replied, Yes, I admit he has known. I told him to tell you immediately, but he just would not listen-

Rhazien, I swear, if you do not shut up, you will find out how much I can truly not listen.

Rhazien rolled his eyes, getting up on his hind legs.

Would you accept me if I asked if you could go on a walk with me?

Of course, Tempest said, dipping her head. 

I sighed, knowing I had no choice in the matter. We followed them as they trotted out of the waterfall.

__________________________________________________________

Again, another short chapter. Sorry!

Question of the chapter:

Vampire versus Werewolf, who'd win?

Make sure to vote, comment, and if you really liked it, follow!

Bye!