Part XIII

Hello to anyone who reached until this point, I just want to let you know that I had decided to change the way the story gets told. Please enjoy and let me know in comments how do you prefer it to go.
Thank you for reading, really.
I'm writing this story in a really hard point in my life and any support is highly appreciated.
Enjoy

***

Kathia's pov

I woke up as my head was resting on a firm surface. What the hell? i thought before opening my eyes lazily. Fuck, Ansel slept over. We never spent time together after sex, he was always taking a call or I just make myself disappear somewhere or going home.

A heat of embarrassment took over my body and I struggled to not jerk out of Ansel's warm embrace.

'Awake?' Ansel's voice made my body still and my brain to forget how to form words.

'Mhmm.'

'Let's make this official. '

Impossible. He can't talk about us. 'Official?' I asked confused at his question, tilting my head slightly up so I can face him.

He fixed his sincere eyes on my face, while my thoughts went in a frenzy in my head. 'Do you mean... Us?'

He slowly moved his head in approval and a flash of insecurity passed his beautiful features.

'I... I don't think it's a good idea, at least not at this moment.'

I wanted to get away from this suffocating situation but Ansel's soft touch on my wrist stopped me in my tracks.

'Dont go.' his voice got out almost desperately. 'Stay with me a bit longer.' he pleaded with me in the softest voice I ever heard him talking.

He looked.... Broken? Have I broke him with my refusal? He doesn't deserve this, I don't deserve him. I got back in bed, straight like a board, afraid to touch his burning skin.

'Don't run away from me.' he said after a long moment of silence. Goose bumps appeared all over my skin and my stomach leaped in waves at the sound of his plea.

'I won't.' I whispered slowly. 'I don't think I can anyway.' I added a little softer, unsure of what I feel.

...

I took a well deserved three weeks holiday for easter to see my family, I haven't been home in over two years and after splitting out with Thomas, mom kept pestering me to visit.

I made my luggage the night before, to not run around my apartment like a headless chicken at 4 a.m. after my things, and I was now in my car, grinning that I might make it home just in time for dinner.

Mom will surely cook my favourite dish tonight. I buckled up my seatbelt and hit the road with a hot coffee in my hand.

...

Ansel's pov

I know Kathia will leave shortly for her holiday, it was 3:45 and I was in front of my door, my fingers iching to press the bloody handle to get out after her. I didn't sleep a wink list night, the thought of her going away was eating away at my mind.