Part XVI

Ansel's pov

A ruffling noise made me wake up from my deep slumber. Kathia's form was moving under my hold, probably trying to get out of bed.

'I need to go back to my room.' Of course she knew I'm awake.

I removed the hand that was imprisoning her and she jumped out of bed with a ompf.

'My father is probably awake already, I didn't mean to fall asleep.' she said while making her way to the door. 'I'll get changed and make coffee. You want some?'

'Yes.' I replied absentmindedly, too mesmerized by her thin waist, swaying her hips deliciously in front of me.

She threw me a grin and left the room silently.

I checked for any emails and tasks on my laptop and when I was satisfied, I changed into a pair of black jeans and a black polo shirt and made my way downstairs.

Her dad was on the porch, as Kathia expected, sipping from a cup, probably some coffee.

'Good morning.' I announced my presence to the older man.

'Good it is.' he replied back, looking at me curiously from head to toe.

I sat down on the chair next to him, both of us staring into nothing.

'You slept well?' he asked me with a hint of suspicion.

'I did indeed. Your house is very welcoming.'

'And Kathia?' he asked, this time making me choose my words carefully.

'Good as well.' I replied sincerely.

He smiled at me exactly like what I imagined a pleased dad would do. 'That's wonderful.'

A moment of silence took over before he cleared his throat in preparation for more talking.

'You know, our family is very close. Even though my son's are having their own lives and families, they still come to visit us often.' He eyed me with sincere eyes. 'I expect more visits from my daughter. In the past, I felt her restrained somehow, to come see us, I hope that doesn't happen again.'

His eyes held sincerity and protection towards his daughter. There must be something related to her ex fiancé, I knew that he was jealous, but on her family also?

'Sir, I would never tell Kathia what to do and not to do. I doubt she would even listen to me. You have a feisty daughter.' I emphasized the feisty word.

'You love her?' his question took me by surprise and I froze. I loved being with her, her way of thinking, her power to follow her dreams, her will to win, but to say it out loud?

I moved my sight towards the sliding doors seeing Kathia preparing something in the kitchen.

'I do.' I murmured loud enough for our ears only.

I earned a humming noise back, her father taking another sip of his cup.

'I believe you.' he added before Kathia opened the doors and placed a mug of coffee in my hands.

***

Kathia's pov

A throbbing headache was threatening to split my head in two after I woke up in Ansel's arms this morning.

I hope the coffee will help, I added in my mind taking the two cups of dark liquid to the back garden.

My father and Ansel were sitting in a solemn silence when I took a seat between the two of them at the table.