Chapter 5

(Above is Addison, just imagine the blurry middle of the eyes)

Keon's night was uneventful for once, no weird dreams. He then saw his aunt hurrying to the door after the doorbell rung.

He peeked out the kitchen doorway to see Caspian and Addison. Keon raised a brow at his aunt,

"I snuck into your phone and texted them our address." Aunt Megan said, smiling.

"How'd you get here so fast?" Keon asked Caspian and Addison, but it didn't seem like they were listening as Caspian looked around, but Addison stayed completely still. Her gaze anxious and worried, her face a little flushed.

Was she okay?

"Hey, Addison, you okay?" Keon asked,

"Yeah, I just..." Addison stopped, "Those are pretty colors." She said, pointing to a painting.

"That was made by my mom." Keon said, fiddling with a piece of his hair.

"She did an excellent job with the colors." Addison said with a faint smile, 

"We got to head to school, don't want to be late." Keon said, chuckling.

Aunt Megan and them headed to the car as Nina walked down the stairs, then spotted an envelope that was torn open.

"What's this?" She questioned, picking it up.

____

Aunt Megan was oddly quiet, Keon wanted to ask what was wrong, but couldn't find the words to ask. Caspian and Addison were oddly quiet as well. It was off-putting.

"Well, uh, Addison. Caspian said you'll be joining our school later this week?" Keon asked, Addison lit up.

"Yes! I haven't been to a real school in a long time!" Addison said, happily chattering.

"You've been homeschooled?" Keon asked, immediately interested.

"Yep!" Addison said, she looked excited and she was humming a little tune as she held a notebook that Keon didn't even realize was there until now.

"Hey, why do you have a notebook?" Keon asked, Addison blinked.

"Oh, uh... I draw." She said, "Why are you asking?"

"I just... never met a... blind person that could draw?" Keon tried to put it as delicately as possible, Addison didn't look offended though.

"Well, I can still see, I just have blurry vision. If I draw thick enough lines and it's big enough, I can tell, sort of, what it looks like." Addison said,

"...Keon?" Aunt Megan asked,

"Yeah?" Keon asked,

"Be careful at school today." Aunt Megan's voice was grave and quiet.

"Why do you say that?" Keon asked,

"A girl was found dead at the back of the school. I'm surprised they said you guys could go to school."

Addison's eyes widened and Caspian tensed, Keon blinked in surprise, a death?

"Who?"

"A girl named Bianca Walls."

Bianca...

The girl that Keon sat next to...

Keon frowned, "I'll be careful, auntie."

Aunt Megan exhaled in relief, "We also need to talk when we get home."

Then they pulled up at the school, Keon was worried as he spotted the security monitoring the front.

A guy in a black hoodie was talking to them, then they let him in after checking his backpack.

Keon and Caspian looked to each other,

"Hey, Addison? Why don't you stay with security for now?" Caspian suggested, "I don't trust the idea of you going home alone..."

Addison nodded, then they all walked towards security.

"Hello." Keon said, "Me and this boy go to this school, but can she stay at the front doors? She's... uh.."

"I'm blind and don't have a ride home." Addison said bluntly.

"Sure, kid. Just don't leave our sights." One security guy said, the other security checked Keon's bag and then Caspian's.

"Stay safe, Addison." Caspian said, patting her shoulder as she nodded.

Keon and Caspian then entered the school, not knowing the chaos awaiting them the moment they entered the school.