Chapter 7

Keon was frozen as he looked at the two other-worldly beings, they could be something from a fantasy book or something.

"Wh... What?" Keon quietly whispered, 

"I'm sure you heard me..." The dangerous tone as the guy's red eyes looked at him like a predator watching its prey. Keon spotted the knife in the guy's hand, the curved blade shining in the light.

"Keon... go." Nina whispered to Keon,

"No, I'm not leaving you." Keon hissed back, 

"Want to have the girl and I get Keon, Ray?" The guy asked, tightening his grip on the handle of the blade.

"Sure, Soren." Ray, the cat woman, said with a sinister smirk.

As soon as Keon processed that he'd seen these two before, Soren moved to cut his own skin around his wrist as Ray ran forward with her hand outstretched at Nina.

"No!" 

Suddenly the loud yell made Ray fall backwards, but she quickly rolled and landed. Soren's knife was on the other side of the house and his arm had a small cut.

Keon winced as he noticed the cut on his arm matched Soren's, but his eyes widened as a green glow surrounded it and the cut closed up, but so did Soren's.

"Seems like boss was right..." Ray said, 

Keon looked to his hands that had the same vibrant green glow, Nina and Aunt Megan looked just as surprised. Soren and Ray however didn't...

They look almost delighted.

"More of a challenge, I love it." Ray hissed as she went for it again.

Keon blocked his face as she tried to grab at it, but when no pain came, he opened his eyes and lowered his hands. Only to see a shard of ice-like blockage encasing Ray's hand. She hissed, trying to pull it away.

Soren had the knife in his hand again as he raced towards Keon, but before Keon could block again...

A burst of pale blue light shined in the living room.

Soren was pinned by a starry figure, their light blue eyes burning with rage.

"Ah, Aquarius... Nice to see you again." Soren smirked,

"I wish I could say the same for you." Aquarius's voice rung familiar in Keon's head, before a shadow haired woman grabbed his arm and pulled him behind her, spear in hand.

"Stay behind me, Keon." She hissed harshly, 

"What's going on?! Who are you?!" Keon asked, eyes wide.

"There's no time to explain." She said, suddenly a explosion of shards spread onto the floor as Ray's hand broke free. She hissed and circled the two,

"Adhara... Still as obnoxious as ever." She chuckled, 

Adhara's eyes were closed, her breathing quiet as if she was barely breathing and not so much as a noise was made from her.

"Don't know where I am, Adhara?" Ray asked,

Keon's eyes widened even further.

Adhara couldn't see...

Ray finally pounced, but Nina suddenly got in the way, a large scratch running down her face. Adhara gasped and jerked around and slashed Ray with the spear she had.

Ray screeched, holding onto her wounded arm. Keon was at Nina's side in an instant, Adhara holding onto his shoulder.

The battle finally stopped as Aquarius threw Soren into a wall near Ray, he panted.

"Don't you DARE come for Keon again, YOU HEAR ME?!" Aquarius shouted, 

Ray hissed and Soren glared,

"We'll be back, Aquarius."

Then they disappeared.

Aquarius and Adhara were breathing heavily, until Nina's whimpering broke the silence. She held onto her face, Aquarius rushed over to the three and looked to Adhara.

"Go help their aunt. I got this." He told her, Adhara nodded and hesitantly made her way to Aunt Megan.

Aquarius tried to pull Nina's hands away from her face, 

"Will she be okay?" Keon asked,

"...I'm not sure..." Aquarius huffed as he inspected the scratch.

"It's just a scratch! We can take her to the hospital and-!"  He continued,

"No." Aquarius said, "You saw Ray, she's not human."

Suddenly Aquarius showed Keon the scratch and there were specks of black on his sister's face developing.

The voice then reminded Keon of someone he knew.

"Caspian... is that you?" Keon asked, Aquarius tensed and nodded.

"And that's-?" Keon pointed to Adhara, 

"That's Addison.." Aquarius said, Keon was silent as he looked at his sister's face.

What was going on?