Chapter 6

Keon saw the anxious atmosphere immediately, he looked around and didn't see Alexander yet. He probably had the right idea and didn't show up, Keon sighed and looked to Caspian.

"Wanna head to class? I don't exactly want to be in the halls right know." He said, Caspian nodded.

"It's.. English class today, right?" Caspian asked, Keon nodded.

"My least favorite class." He said, Caspian seemed to snort in laughter.

_____

When Caspian and Keon sat down, the words 'READ OUT LOUD TIME' were on the board. Keon groaned as he realized he had to read out loud.

He already struggled enough with reading, why did this have to happen?

Caspian was sitting next to him and leaned over to him, "What does the board say?"

"Read out loud time, we have to read our book to the class." Keon said, "I always struggle with this."

"Why?" Caspian asked,

"I'm pretty sure I have dyslexia. I have a hard time reading the work."

"Dyslexia..." Caspian muttered something else, but Keon didn't catch it.

The teacher came in not too long after, "Since Caspian is new here, why don't you read first? We're on page number 85."

Caspian flipped the pages and then froze, Keon raised a brow.

"You good?" He asked,

"Y-yeah, just give me a second-." Caspian whispered.

"We're on the third to last sentence." The teacher said.

Caspian was silent for a moment, before starting to read, "I.. l-looked to the sk... skyline? A-As thee.. shun fell...?"

"Caspian?" The teacher asked,

"Yes?"

"Is English not your first language?" The teacher seemed to be entering to handle this as smooth as possible, but Caspian seemed to get offended.

"I'm fine."

"That doesn't answer the question." The teacher said, glaring at Caspian, "Is it or is it not?"

"...No..." Caspian said,

Caspian spoke another language before English? Keon didn't expect that.

"Okay, how about you read it in your language? Just the sentence you tried to say."

Caspian nodded as the teacher repeated the sentence and Caspian would say it in his own language.

"Los olrada shiq le nagu le sluzon eledo." Caspian said, Keon blinked at the words.

"Very unique, I haven't heard it before... what's the language?"

Caspian was silent and the teacher sighed before moving onto the next person.

Keon smiled at Caspian, who passed him a note.

'Meybe I'll teech it to you oneeday.' were the words in the paper. Despite the broken English, Keon understood.

Caspian might teach him the language one day.

~~~~

"I said hurry up, Soren." The cat woman's black fur bristled as she watched outside the door.

"I'm going, I'm going." Soren said calmly, "Just looking for... there he is.."

"You found him?" She asked,

"Yeah, Ray. Keon is his name and he goes to this school alright. Guess the boss was right."

"You questioned him, you masochist?" She asked,

"I sure did, sadist." Soren laughed, then the two left, "Got his address and everything."

~~~~

Keon woke up with a shock as he was shaken awake,

"Time to go." Caspian said,

"Alright, thanks." Keon said as they left the classroom.

____

Nina picked Keon up in the car, Addison and Caspian left to go home.

Nina was silent and Keon wondered what happened.

When Keon and Nina arrived home, the front door was broken open.

They rushed inside, only to see a cat woman and a guy with red snake-like eyes. Aunt Megan tied up to a chair.

"Hello, Keon, our dark brethren." The guy said.