chapter 1 .

juju's pov -

"man idk what she got going" juju said to her teammate McKenzie .. they noticed one of their teammates was missing a lot of practices & juju tried calling but there was no answer .

"maybe she had a family emergency, usually during those you don't be on your phone" mckenzie said to juju who were taking off her basketball shoes & putting on her slides..

practice had just ended it was really a light day compared to every other day. juju ofc was still putting in 100% work , she knew she wanted to be one of the bests !

(we are gonna call McKenzie ken).

ken's pov 🖤.

"juju you down to go get food ?" ken questioned as they both walked out of the gym followed by the rest of the team. "yk im always down to eat ken" juju replied.

|2:45 p. m.|

juju & ken both went to their dorm room's to shower & change into something more casual. "i cannot wait to take a nice hot shower" juju said as her and ken entered there dorm room.

juju's roommate was normally india but ken was feeling some type of way about not being with her best friend. ultimately they started arguing over who juju really wanted to be roomies with . eventually india decided to let ken have it since another teammate didn't have a roommate.

-15 minutes later

"JUDEAAAA" ken yelled from the bathroom.

"ohh i liked to called you sum else" juju said mugging ken.

"number one do not EVER in your LIFETIME call me by my whole name.. number two why is you yelling ? & three what do you want ?" juju said as ken giggled.

everyone that knew juju knew she hated being called "judea" which is why she goes by "juju" . she kinda resented her parents for naming her that (not really lol).

3:30 p.m. | at the restaurant.

juju & ken were currently at the restaurant waiting to order . about 10 minutes later a waitress came over .. she was brownskin , long black hair, about 4'll & had a nose piercing.

she walked over to take the girls orders & instantly recognized them.

"hi my name is layla & i will be your waitress today" she said smiling as her smile turned into a shocked expression.

"omg your juju watkins ! omg your my favorite college basketball player. i have been watching you play since freshie year of highschool! you are a beast girl ." layla said smiling.

juju's pov -

omg your juju watkins ! omg your my favorite college basketball player. i have been watching you play since freshie year of highschool! you are a beast girl ." layla said smiling".

i looked up at our waitress. she was such a beautiful person. once she recognized me and told me how much of a fan she was i couldn't help but smile at her .

"aww thank you layla" I responded with a big smile.

it was little things like this is what keeps me going.. one of my biggest goals is to be a role model for young girls .. it's so many young girls that don't have confidence in themselves or their bodies when it comes to basketball it's all about boys/men. i wanna change that & help keep girls in sports.. | btw this little session about girls having not having confidence in their bodies is a real & juju partnered with dove to help that ! she has a video you can go watch on her instagram!| anyways back to the story lol!

"oh and don't think i dont know about you miss mckenzie" the young waitress said smiling at ken.

————————————

juju & ken had just finished dinner & they decided to take a picture with layla.

"thank you guys so much" layla said smiling..

she looked up at juju bcus ofc juju stood at 5'11 & she was only 4"11 .. juju looked down at her and shortly began to realize the girl was basically a midget to her .

"how tall are you ? if you don't mind me asking" juju asked looking at the short girl..

"oh um 4"11" layla said as she giggled.

"5'0 onna good day" she added .

both juju & ken laughed. they spent about 5 more minutes talking to the girl before deciding to head back to their dorm .

5:15 p.m. |

kaitlyn's pov-

i walked over to ken & juju's door with 3 boxes of pizza . i decided to surprise them because we haven't really did a team bonding day in a long time.

I got to the door knocking 3 times before i saw juju's bun pop up . it's always the first thing that i notice when i see her lol.

"kait wyd here" juju said as she opened the door for her letting her in.

"we wanted to do a team bonding night so here i am with pizza & drinks".

the remainder of the team arrived about 5 minutes later . they played uno, made tiktoks, had concerts singing out love songs really loud, and more.

"okay guys.. LETS PLAY WOULD YOU RATHER!" screamed ken.

the girls settled around the table and began to play.

"okay ken?"

"yes" she replied smiling .

"would you rather get ate or do the eating" taylor questioned making everyone gasp and laugh.

"man taylor you trifling" ken said thinking about the question.

"umm i would rather get ate" i mean pleasure for me right ?" she said as everyone laughed.

"mm y'all nasty" juju said .

"okayyy JUJU your turn" taylor said adding excitement to her name.

"would you rather date bronny James or mikey ?" taylor said wiggling her eyebrows .

"who would i rather date ?" juju repeated thinking about the question .

"ionk bcus i mean they cute but id definitely go for bronny. he's more respectful of females and knows how to keep his hands to himself . he also has a clean record from jail" juju said .

"okay okay, yall would be cute tho real talk" ken said wiggling her eyebrows at juju.

"yeah wtv don't start" juju replied laughing.

the team spent the rest of the night talk, chitchatting about boys/girls , basketball, watching tiktoks, and watching tv.

heyy guysss ! first chapter out ! i apologize for taking so long i was struggling real bad but finally got it done! what do you guys think about the first chapter ? please be sure to vote & comment! give ideas imma need them! anything i need to do or change ?? please lmkkk yall thoughts & also it's not proofread i was so eager to post the first chapter for yall & start this book! all love 🩷. -xoxo kayy!