chapter 36.

bronny🤌🏽.

"yeah i'm chillin tho bro imma catch you tomorrow" i said to my homeboy on the phone.

i was currently on the balcony of my parents house. they are out on a date right now and won't be back for a while. bryce is out with his teammates and zhuri is at a sleepover so i'm home alone. i might be smoking weed. which ik is not good for a basketball player or for a person at all but it helps with my stress levels.

nobody knows about this cus it's only my second time and planning on being my last. i'm not proud of this but my anxiety is so bad right now.

not even my gf knows and ion plan on telling her ever cus she so big on not smoking/drinking and taking care of the body especially if your an athlete.

i sat my phone down on the table next to me. i laid back in my chair as my leg bounced up and down quickly. i don't know how to control it i refuse to go get checked.

i stared at the stars above.. my eyes slowly closing. about 15 minutes later i heard the balcony door open.

"hey baby what-"

juju stopped when she saw the blunt in my hand.

"bronny what is that ? are you crazy ? you for real right now ?" juju said.

"look babe relax aight it's only my second time and i was plan on it being my last it helps with my anxiety" i said.

"are you dumb bronny ? you cannot smoke weed when your playing basketball or in general" juju yelled.

"ik that but it's the only thing that will help me from having a panic attack" bronny said.

"that doesn't matter! bronny give me the blunt" juju said holding out her hand.

"babe-

"GIVE IT TO ME NOW" she yelled.

"man no you tripping" i said.

juju🩷.

the fact that bronny is smoking right now is crazy to me. he told me it helps with his anxiety but it's still wrong.

he had so different options, so many safe ones. he chose to go down this path of ruining his body.

"i'm not bronny your the one that's tripping if you think this is safe and cool . babe if they drug test you your gonna fail" i said to him.

he stared at me. his mind processing what i just said. hoping to get through to him.

"babe, give it to me. if you don't i'll tell mom and dad. and you don't want that now do you ?"

"you'd really rat me out like that man?"

"i don't want to but your giving me no choice. i'm trying to help you. now give it to me and i will keep my mouth shut" juju said.

bronny gave her all items. he got into her car and drove to the nearest river where she disposed of it.

"babe, ik it's hard but it's for the best" she said as she got back in.

"i mean I'm fine, i could let go of it anytime but my anxiety is really bad" bronny responded.

"look we will figure something out just don't go down that path baby.. you got to much going for you" she said.

"okay let's get you home so we can wash your clothes and you can get in the shower and brush your teeth" she said.

——————————————————

ken🖤.

i opened the door to our dorm and sat down my book-sack. college classes are draining. i grabbed some clothes and headed to the bathroom.

my body is hurting and so i need a nice hot bath. ik juju would be back soon. i turned off the water and undressed . i grabbed my phone hitting apple music and my first choice was jhene aiko.

after about 5 minutes i heard the door open. ik it was juju.

"ken wya ?" she yelled.

"i'm in the tub" i yelled back.

i heard the door open and i saw juju walk in closing the door .

"hey bestie wassup ?" i asked

"nun girl, just bored ugh im sleepy and coach g ain't playing no games" juju said.

"but how's the big league going ?" she added

"good! i'm still getting used to people and work skills but i love it. i feel like it's gonna push me to go even harder" i responded.

"yk! i'm so proud of you tho bestie.. you only going up from here and im supporting you every step of the way" she said smiling at me.

"thank you bestie i appreciate more than you will ever know" i said.

"is your birthmark getting bigger ?" juju asked me.

she stared at ken.. going down to her upper stomach where she knew ken had a birthmark. it always fascinated her no matter how many times she's seen it.

juju touched her birthmark.

"yes, it's been spreading a lot lately lol ionk what's going on" i said laughing.

i watched as she traced the birthmark.

juju🩷.

i wanted to tell ken about bronny smoking but i just decided not to. he said he was done so im good on letting the situation go.

"so any girls you got yo eyes on ?" i asked smirking.

"no not yet girl. i'm more focused on basketball right now anyway so it's fine" ken said.

she stood up from the tub and drained the water wrapping a towel around her body.

"so you and bronny ? yk i always gotta ask just in case theirs something new ionk about." ken said.

she watched as juju blushed. she loved how in love and happy her best friend was. she never as juju being a relationship after dj but she was happy that she moved on.

"we're good, yk stronger and better everyday" i replied.

"that's good, im happy for you love, i thought you'd never get into another relationship after dj" she said.

"speaking of dj he came to my house yesterday"

"girl WHAT ? after what he did he had the nerve to go to your house ? what did he want ? what did he say ? did bronny freak ?" ken asked.

"he apologized to me about the way he reacted to my decision to stay here in la. and breaking up with me over text and he admitted he didn't wanna see me cry.. but i mean we're good now! friends and stuff and bronny knows"

"he walked in when we were talking but we told him what had happened & yk he took it well. he trusted me enough to know nothing happened" i finished.

"ohh well that's good!" she said smiling.

ken dried off and got dressed. we walked to our beds.

"girl im finna take me a good ole nap" i said.

"same bestie" ken said as they both turned off their lamps.

chapter 36 ! some slight. bronny should just put his pride to the side and go get treated for anxiety cus smoking is not it. anyways please be sure to vote and comment! if you have any ideas please share them . all love ! - xoxo kay 😘.