Chapter 12- Weird

Alastors POV:

"je suis tellement stupide" I whispered.
(I'm so stupid)
I put my hand on my head and pulled on my hair. I don't know what to do and it's extremely frustrating.

I continued to walk over to the kitchen,
I need to calm down.

I took a deep breath and turned on the radio and unpacked the groceries.

Upbeat jazz music started playing and I tapped my foot to the music, humming the tune.

Hmmmm what should I make for dinner

I need something to cheer us up... oh I know!

"Jambalaya!" I shouted.

Y/N POV:

You startled at the unexpected shout downstairs.

You couldn't resist but laugh.
What? Why is he shouting about jambalaya?

What a strange man, he's angry at me then next he's singing to music?

~time skip~

A delicious smell filled your room and you were starving.

You didn't hear the door click open. As you were sat on your bed with your back facing the door, reading a book. You didn't notice Alastor walking up behind you. He gently placed his hand on your shoulder.

"Dinner is rea-" He pronounced but got cut off by your shocked scream.

"Agh what the fuck Alastor, you can't creep up on me like that!" You said and quickly turned towards him.

"Language, dear. I've made jambalaya, come." He requested and you made your way to the kitchen table.

There was a large pot but it looked old and had painted flowers covering it. The enticing smell was stronger and you sat down.

Alastor handed you a large bowl of jambalaya and you hastily ate it.

"Alastor this is amazing! I didn't know you were such a good cook! You should open up a restaurant or something." You said between bites.

"Thank you, my mother taught me. She actually wanted to open a restaurant herself." He grinned but had a mournful look.

You looked up and he snapped back to his usual smile.

You decided to change the subject. "I heard you speak a bit of French, do you know it well?" You asked.

"My mother spoke a little and I picked it up." He added and took your empty bowl to the sink.

"That was really nice. I'll wash up." You offered but he shook his hand and dismissed it.

"...Thank you." You quietly spoke in a slightly annoyed tone.

"What was that dear?" He smiled and turned around to look at you smugly.

"I said thank you." You uttered and looked up at him with a small smile.

"You're welcome." He chuckled and turned back around.

~time skip~

You were sitting in the living room with the fire crackling. It is a soft, warm atmosphere and Alastor was sat on the opposite sofa reading a book and humming a tune.
You were so bored but wasn't in the mood to read a book.
"What are you reading?" You asked him, looking at the cover. It was blank and looked aged.

"Just a book about homicide." He looked over to you with a relaxed grin.

"Haha, very funny" You rolled your eyes and giggled.

"I'm not joking, y/n" He said in a happier tone and a sinister smile.

"You're weird." You looked at him astonished.

"I know" He shrugged with a slight smile.

———————————————
A/N

My notes are quite funny and confusing. Sometimes I have no clue what I meant lmao

I don't know what Alastors last name could be😭Also that bit about asking out is about one-sided radiostatic

Also that bit about asking out is about one-sided radiostatic.
He is a strange little man.

There's more but it will spoil the story :/

Anywaysssss, I'm starved! Who wants some jambalaya?

Hope you enjoyed this chapter ;)