Chapter 66- Evelyn

Y/N POV

"Alastor! I didn't like the way you spoke to Mimzy." You argued, Mimzy only recently leaving.

"I was just telling her what she needed to do." He rolled his eyes, walking past you. You grabbed his wrist and gently pulled him back.

"Didn't you see her face? She was terrified! That's not how you treat the people you care about." You stated, slightly easing your voice.

"Y/n, you don't understand."

"Then make me understand because what I just saw there was a very rude, mean thing to do. I'm disappointed in you Alastor."

"I think you forgot who you are talking to right now." He spoke through gritted teeth.

"I know I'm looking at a man who would be begging on his knees for me."

"Don't flatter yourself too much." He spat, but his expression seemed like he instantly regretted it.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" You yelled and his smile fell slightly.

"I-"

"Oh? Are you lost for words now Alastor?" You sighed, extremely frustrated.

"Sorry"

"I don't wanna hear it, go make me some apology food I'm hungry." You smirked and he let out a long sigh, walking his way to the kitchen.

~time skip~

"I feel bad..." You mumbled, he looked up a bit perplexed and hummed wanting you to explain.

"...because I saved that woman, her life has gotten worse. What is going to happen to her, I- "

"Well at least you have learnt that there are consequences to your actions...and I've never used someone as a vessel for something before so I don't know if she's going to remain unharmed." He interrupted.

You felt a surge of regret, sadness and grief crawl through your mind and you didn't realize that you were crying until Alastor leaned forward and wiped your tears.

"Mon amour, don't cry. I despise seeing you upset. When Evelyn comes...do you want to stay upstairs? I'll call you down once it's over." He comforted you and insisted that you would. You nodded your head and he hugged you tight.

~time skip~

You were reading a book, laying down on the long couch, infront of the fire waiting for Mimzy and...

Evelyn.

Knock knock knock

You gasped quietly to yourself and Alastor left the room, giving you a 'stay there' glance.

Alastors POV:

She needs to stop getting so sad about this whole situation, it's pathetic. Of course I won't tell her that, I love her too much to.

I held the door open for Mimzy and helped her drag Evelyn's unconscious body to the library.

"Sometimes I forget how big your house is!" Mimzy chuckled breaking the silence.

Just say sorry...Alastor.

"Listen Mimzy, I apologize if I started you earlier." I spoke, just enough so she could hear me.

"Alastor? Saying sorry? Wow, y/n must of really told you off haha" She laughed and I tskd in annoyance.

I kicked the door open and laid Evelyn down on the floor in the library, Mimzy was panting in exhaustion from carrying her body.