Chapter - 1

She was strolling through a town that had a 1930s vibe. She was wearing a modest dress with an accentuated high waist, a floor-length hemline, and a high neckline. The dress was pink in color and had long collars and puffed sleeves that complemented her slim body and small waist. Her hair was styled with a side part, straight at the top, and had curls at the ends to add volume. Some of her hair was styled into a bunch of curls all around her head. She was holding a rose in her hand and carrying a basket full of freshly baked bread. Cycling alongside her was a man dressed in an elegant suit with a bowtie. He had a side part hairstyle with a clean taper fade from the ear to the nape of the neck. He looked about 21 years old and had the brightest smile she had ever seen. He was trying to keep up with her slow walking pace. It seemed to her that the town was bustling and crowded. As she cycled, a guy next to her winked and she found herself blushing.

Suddenly, she heard a voice calling out, "Hazel! Hazel!" and she tumbled off her bed. She realized she had been having one of her dreams again. Her mother called out to her, "Hazel! Get ready for school! It's already 7:00 and you don't want to be late on your first day of freshman year!" "Okay, Mom, I'm up!" replied Hazel as her mother left her room. Alone in her room, she quickly got dressed and prepared for her exciting first day.

Hazel looked at herself in the mirror. She had wavy chestnut brown hair that flowed down to her shoulders and striking blue eyes. With her pale complexion and soft pink lips, she produced a bright smile. She had a slender build and was of average height. She wore her favorite blue dress, blue locket, white sneakers, and a pair of white socks. She smiled at herself and ran downstairs to the kitchen with her bag.

However, Hazel wasn't the first one to arrive

However, Hazel wasn't the first one to arrive. Her older brother, Jason, had already sat down at the table. He looked a lot like her, which she hated. This year she was joining his school and she didn't feel good about it. She took a mental note to avoid him in all circumstances. Jason was 16, while Hazel was 14. He wore a black T-shirt with gray pants and had his brown hair neatly combed.

He grinned at her mockingly and said, "Late again, Hazel

He grinned at her mockingly and said, "Late again, Hazel. I bet you won't be able to keep up in my school at this rate." She gritted her teeth until her dad came to her rescue and scolded Jason. "Now, now, Jason. Do not speak like that to your sister. I expect you to show her around and be a good older brother." "Okay, Dad. Whatever," he replied, sounding a bit harsh. Hazel stuck her tongue out at her brother, and he did the same to her. They had pancakes, bacon, and a strawberry smoothie for breakfast. After finishing, they took their lunches and hurried off to catch the bus. Hazel was excited for her first day of freshman year.