Chapter -7

Hazel was seated on the couch, her head resting on Evan's shoulder. He was seated beside her, and Jason at the other end. The three were watching the TV series, 'Never Have I Ever' together. They had already watched it many times, but they decided they'd just watch it again. 

The show was fun indeed, but Hazel found other matters more satisfying. To begin with, her current situation, that is, her sitting beside Evan, all comfy, head resting upon the shoulder. She also thought about all that had happened earlier, where the three played pillow fights, ate food (she got fed by Evan!!), played video games, talked, teased, flirted, and the first thing that happened that day, playing basketball. She was convinced that he had warmed up to her. And she had warmed up to him. She was enjoying this day. It was too fast and too much for one day, but she didn't mind. She probably wasn't going to get any such chance again. 

After they finished the episode, Evan straightened up. And then he shook, frightened, and got up all of a sudden. Hazel, bewildered, stared up at him. 'I didn't realize you were on my shoulder!' he said. 'Me neither, but it's okay. You don't have a problem, do you?' she asked. He answered, 'I don't have a problem either...' 'Well, that's good then, we're good' she replied, smiling.

 'That isn't the issue, Hazel' her brother spoke the words with a start. 'What do you mean?' she asked, not knowing what was going on. 'Nothing, nothing. It's fine. But it remains closed, and forgotten inside these four walls. Is that okay?' Evan asked, but it sounded more like an order. Hazel, scared, nodded frantically, while her brother nodded easily. She didn't know what was going on, but sure enough, her brother did. She needed to know what the matter was. Maybe he wasn't supposed to be around girls. Maybe a rule from his parents. That would make sense because he didn't talk to many girls. He did it only when it was necessary. He talked to the popular ones as well. But most girls were only swooning all around him. He didn't mind, he was probably used to it. Or maybe he didn't want to make Jason feel awkward in case she dated him, and didn't want anything to come between their friendship. Or maybe, he had a possessive girlfriend. 
No.
That couldn't be it.
But how could such a guy not have a girlfriend?
No.
She was procrastinating too much.

She then decided that she would find out the truth. Soon.

---

She then snapped out and ended her thought process. She saw Evan looking at her eyes from in the kitchen, and Jason beside him, drinking a cup of water. Oh, those hazel eyes. Hazel, just like her name. Those eyes, which she had fallen for.

---

She found herself in a crowded room. At a distance, she could see a familiar pair of brown eyes, staring at her with lots of affection. Beside him were his friends, drinking their glasses of wine. She found herself in a grand pink dress, fancier than the people beside her. She was talking to a chef, and complimenting him for the well-cooked food. She figured that she was a lady from a rich family and that they were all at her sister's engagement party. After the chef left, she scanned the room for her beloved, but couldn't find him, not even in the company of his friends. She suddenly felt someone picking her up by her waist, and there he was her beloved. She gasped in shock at her "floating" and stared right into his eyes. 

'Bon dieu! tu ne devrais pas venir me porter comme ça, Carlos !' she said. She figured that his name would be Carlos. 'Hahaha! Tu ne peux pas m'éviter toute la journée ! Ma dame, vous voulez danser avec moi ?' he replied 'Oui je le ferais, mon prince!' she replied, with a smile. She put her hands in his, and a slow, romantic music started. A lot of others joined them, and it was quite an enjoyable evening indeed...

She felt something wet pour on her face. It couldn't be rain, for they were dancing in a hall. Only then did she realize...

---

'You poured water on me! Why would you do that?' she asked Jason, upset that she had been woken up like that. Evan was standing there beside Jason, ruffling his hair. Jason, with a cup in his hand, and said, 'Silly girl. You scared the he!! out of Evan, staring at him with such cold, empty eyes. When we called your name, you didn't respond. You were like the dead, staring blankly at one place.' he sounded worried all right. She figured it must've been scary, and apologized to the boys. Jason and Evan looked worried, somehow, but Evan also had a knowing look. Whatever that meant.