Chapter - 4

Hazel had just finished writing her homework. She got up from her study table and set the chair. She sorted out her books and kept the next day's clothes ready. Huh. It had been a busy day. She cycled for half an hour, played with her friends, made herself a snack, and watched a show. It had been six months since the start of the school year. School was boring.

It was around seven 'o'clock in the evening, when Evan was active online. She knew this because she texted him every day. And still, no progress. She had almost given up on him, however he still gave her butterflies every day. So she took her phone to text him.

---

"Hey! What's up?"

"Nothing"

"Umm... Okay..."

"What were you doing?"

"Waiting for Gemma's text" 

"Oh cool. How's Gemma doing?"

"👍"

"Good to know"

---

This was today's conversation. He never asked anything, and always replied using small words and emojis, while Hazel, on the other hand, shared her stuff and typed in full sentences. It was annoying. 

And Gemma. Oh, Gemma. She is a girl one year senior to Hazel, and the two have known each other since third grade. Now, she was Evan's crush. Oh, Gemma.

Hazel decided to have a decent chat with him.

---

"I heard you had a girlfriend. Is it true? I just couldn't take it 🤣🤣"

"I had"

"Who was she?"

"Marinette. Ask your seniors. She is a wh*r*"

"The Marinette in your class? She's quite popular in mine"

"👍"

"Jeez... I didn't know"

"When was this?"

"Last year, during the summer holidays. We used to chat online"

"Oh, okay"

"Why do you hate her?"

"I just do"

"K. I gtg. Byee 👋"

"Okay... Bye👋"

---

And that's how abruptly he suddenly stops. She put down her phone with a sigh. 'Such a jerk. He had a girlfriend, and he never told me about it' she said to herself. Suddenly, she heard a beep from her phone. It was a text. From Zayn. Zayn Rhodes. 'Oh, not again. What does he want now?' she said to herself. Zayn was being annoying these days. It was pretty obvious that he liked her. He touches her face, plays with her hair, and out of the blue, grabs her hand. He was getting on her nerves. She had only considered him a friend who was fun to be around. On the other hand, he told many people that the two liked each other. It was so not true. He texts her 24/7, and it really can't get any worse. Sure, the two hung out sometimes but her classmates then made rumors that the two were dating. It got on her nerves, a lot. She sighed and picked up her phone.

---

"Heyy! How are you? I miss you. What are you doing?"

"Hi. I'm feeling whatever. I'm doing whatever"

"Well, I just finished my homework. Did you? Will you come to school tomorrow? Please don't leave me alone in that piece of sh*t"

"I'm done with my homework. And yes, I'll come. F*ck*ing stop c*ss*ng"

"Okay princess, however you like it. So, did you drink water?"

"👍"

"DON'T CALL ME 'PRINCESS'"

"Okay... Sorry"

---

It went on. Hazel sighed. She was tired of this. She wanted Evan to text her, not Zayn. It never happened.