Unsaid words

Immediately, he wedged his fingers into the slim gap and then pried it open until his hands had enough access to finish the job. His thin lips parted slightly, from anxiety, as he stepped in the room. He could not sense that familiar Qi. But wait, there's another one! Perhaps this person might be of some assistance.

Utilizing qinggong, he quickly navigated through the maze of shelves with only the Qi level as his compass.

He stopped right behind a young scholar, whom he recognized to be Chung Xiulan, the newbie official, at the heart of the library.

The new presence went completely unnoticed by Chung Xiulan who was browsing through some construction records. The sun was still partially submerged in the crevice of the Western Hill and also a thickly wooded area. That prince said he would return around night time. Hopefully he could find what he was asked to look for....

His heart went purely into searching for 'that' until a dark shape blotted out the light illuminated by a candle followed by a light breeze.

"Eeep!"

He spun round, still gripping the book, just in time to see those outer, light blue robes of the Azure Prince flutter down the same time the breeze he felt break. A few candles were snuffed out creating a dark setting all of a sudden.

For him to rush here and find him of all people.....had he done something wrong?

"Ah..ha..."

"Oh no, don't panic. I just want to ask you something."

"Wah... Your Majesty...wuh? Yes, your how may your humble subject be of assistance?" he promptly bowed as he grew out of the shock. This prince was legendary for being nice but he was not the type to advantage of it. Chung Xiulan was the type who always kept his manners in check.

"Have you seen Prince Yao Yue by any chance?"

"Hmm? He left not too long ago. I don't know where he went but he should be back by night."

The Azure Prince averted his gaze temporarily as if to conceal the the worry and disappointment that were evidently growing. Even Chung Xiulan knew, about their unusually close relationship. But unlike the others, where the closest they can get to is via speculations, he got this information directly from Yao Yue. He felt a little glad that deep down, he was seeing proof that the Azure Prince did care a great amount for the youngest brother.

But he also felt a little guilty for lying.

"Err... I did talk to him. I think he went out looking for some mineral. Probably for studying purposes," he added. In truth, he knew the very bit of crucial information Lang Yue was looking for but chose not to reveal it. This was as far as he could go to help. He already had prior engagements.

"I see. What about his dinner...."

Again, he averted his gaze elsewhere. The part about dinner was more of a rhetorical question to himself but Chung Xiulan could not stand it anymore. If he stayed around longer, he was going to spurt out all that he knew. He could almost feel the Azure Prince's very own emotions at this moment.

"Ah... you can save some for him. He'll most likely return here first thing. Oh, but he might lock the door again and then nobody will be allowed to come in.... Nevermind! I'll make sure he doesn't lock it. When I go out, you enter and pass him the food and drink."

This child deserves an award.

                                           *                                     *                                       *                                     *