-Beginnings-

A note to everyone: I know you guys waited long and I feel really bad for making you all wait longer, so I'll update whatever I can write ^^ yup, so whatever I upload (with those two dashes like the one in title) isn't necessarily in chronological order. There will most likely be a chapter before it sometimes. Also... the title isn't really THE title. I might change it later. For now, I'm just dishing out whatever I can give >.< Enjoy!

Your skin, a bore of soft snow

Your eyes, minuscule pools of clear spring water

Your sash lovingly teased by the wind

Your robes billowed as autumn leaves

A beautiful mistake of nature, you are the depiction of innocence

Her body swayed as the willow branches taught her to

The breeze sighed, unable to contain his lust

Woodland creatures forget their shyness

The flowers in your garden, given to you by your lovers,

Are put to shame by your dainty feet

Nimble as a doe

You are cruel, maiden.

How many men have fallen to your blade of sweetness?

How many silkworms never became butterflies for your garments?

How many weavers bled their fingers to cover your sinless body?

@$!%& sweet bride, I long for &};?@$ you by my bedside

<{+&@$@ \][?>>": ......

Yao Yue aggressively tore another bite from his (stolen) loaf. He had been defeated. That fancy-tailed hen was right. He was still too young to be able to fully read this book. There were Chinese characters he still didn't know. BUT....

He was prepared.

By his side, lay a pile of dictionaries and a scroll. The scroll was something like a dictionary as well but it was specifically for his use. It was for him to jot down all those difficult characters and their meanings and carry it with him everywhere in case he needed a quick word search for writing letters. Speaking of writing letters, there were still a pile he had to reply. For as long as he had been raised by a brood of phoenixes, he didn't understand why they'd made him reply to whatever letters they received. They told him what they wanted to say and then made him write it down on parchment, beautifully, with fancy words and whatnot. He guessed that this was a method to teach him to expand his vocabulary. And brush up on his.....brush strokes.

He had always envied how their soft hands gripped a calligraphy brush ever so lightly yet firmly. Oh, and the way their wrists flicked as they graced the black ink against the white of the paper. Their cursive was lovely. To top it off, they were done within seconds. Trial and error was never witnessed by his eyes when those skillful fingers held the brush.

Him?

He replied some letters today, and his fingers really hurt from gripping the brush so tightly. He hated messy lines and splotches of ink so he hardened his resolve and for some reason, his little fingers stiffened as well. Yao Yue was still a little child and within minutes he began to lose focus. He just finished 2 letters and a notice: permission for the birds to migrate for winter, the tailor's request for more material and the Phoenix Empress organizing another Guzheng competition. He wasn't exactly adept at playing any musical instruments since ALL of them were designed for right-handed usage but he LOVED it when they played the Guzheng. All of them that he had met so far, including the Empress herself, they were all left-handed. Just like him.