Plots and Xiulan's role

He hadn't locked the door. That was because Chung Xiulan said he forgot something and went to retrieve it. It would only take a while, so why bother locking? Coincidentally, Da ge was there.

It didn't sound right.

He remembered warning him irritably away. Had Da ge really waited outside until he found the perfect opportunity to slip in? He wouldn't be able to tell how long Lang Yue could have been waiting outside, since the only available evidence he could examine was the temperature of the food. Whether or not Lang Yue ate first, and then 'saved' the food or he 'saved' it first and skipped his meal to wait outside the library was a mystery because either way, the result is that his food would not be served piping hot.

 A small part of him wondered if his friend and his brother conspired or something.

Impossible.

Somehow, he felt like those keys had something to do with them.

Unlikely from any perspective.

He must be really tired...... thinking some really epic nonsense right now.

Strange, Chung Xiulan was taking a rather long time. Enough for him to finish eating. He decided to retire for the night.

After that decision, he thought of asking Da ge if he could sleep with him in his bed again. It had been a while since he made that request.

He was tired but that was probably the best idea he had today.

Taking a piece of paper, he dipped a fine calligraphy brush into the ink pot and addressed a note to Chung Xiulan that he had gone (and also to help him clean up the calligraphy set).  Additional details were excluded; he could hardly wait to spend quality time with someone......

And he was off like a bird of prey looking for a meal.

 *                                       *                                   *                                        *

                                          That day......Yao Yue was not the first person in the library.

                                          *                                       *                                   *                                       *

Xiulan woke up to a loud voice.

What a terrible way to wake up. He rubbed his eyes lazily against one of the long, wide sleeves of his robe. He blinked, beginning to drink in his surroundings.

Ahh, he'd somehow fallen asleep while reading about the political records from 2 years back.

Hmm? That voice..... it couldn't be Yao Yue?

True enough it was. The air particles easily vibrated and carried his voice with all contents loud and clear to the other side of the still library. Not so still now.

Something was wrong. He'd heard gossips left and right about Yao Yue and his current mood swing. He hardly believed it; Yao Yue does not simply lose his cool unless it involved a certain someone. He wondered if something had troubled the young prince again. If he would not talk to anyone, he would probably talk to him.

                                          *                                      *                                     *                                      *