What did the fox say?

Yao Yue found said human settlement quite easily- one should expect no less from this geographical master and to add to it, his beloved big brother was involved! He could just imagine those pesky vermin patting and groping his big brother. Oh, what rotten luck he had to entertain them all! Those... those.... things shouldn't be so close to big brother! It's a crime! They are all blood brothers and they shamelessly have no restrictions to how close they were to him! 

Yao Yue's jealousy only flared when he thought more of it. Of course, he didn't stop to categorize himself as one of Lang Yue's 'brothers' nor his own feelings towards him. Ah, love does make one blind.

Steam or smoke visibly piping out from his nostrils almost burned his two whiskers. Luckily, he reached the ground and reverted back to his human form before the rising flames in the pit of his stomach had enough time to explode from his throat. While he had vast knowledge regarding magic, he was still poor in controlling his dragon form. It was embarrassing to admit but it was purely out of luck he landed properly. He often crashed landed because he didn't know how to tune his qi to the power of the earth and control his downward acceleration and transformation timing all at once.

He landed some distance away from the village specifically because he DID NOT need to be spotted. Sure, he could turn himself invisible but there were always some humans born with the 'third eye' or 'third ear' and would see and hear him. For spirits or magical creatures to be seen- and one as rare like a dragon- meant a fast lane to chaos. Good or bad.

It was now late summer and warm sunshine as well as the annual precipitation were slowly dissolving as the season transitions into autumn. Already, subtle changes showed themselves in damper-grey hued skies behind blue masks and drier, somewhat crisp air. Of course, these were changes only the most sensitive of living things noted. Civilization noticed only because they had grown and lived through this cycle and recorded every detail to precision. Winter in China was diverse and could grow harsh at any given time. The land's complex climatic patterns were to blame.... and also some angry spirits..... 

Not that a snow storm looked like it was going to blow any time soon. The weather was 'perfect' even. Still, we have some people who were already busy drying out more fish and meat than usual, paranoid citizens offering fruits to deities in temples, and merchants trading all sorts of charms said to give 'protection' against wrathful spirits associated with the elements. 

Like the wind that gusted across the whole village north to south.

The fox faced bastard selling some trinkets was right that it was no ordinary wind but he was wrong when he said it was from a vengeance-seeking demon hell-bent on destroying Denghu. Yao Yue in reality, called forth a great wind to sweep across the land in hopes the qi flow radiating from his brothers may be brought to him. Now it looks like he may have unintentionally assisted somebody's business.

He closed his eyes, filtering out the voices and various frequencies of qi energy brought to him until he felt that familiar throb of pure qi energy. Yes, he knew where they were!

He walked but hurriedly. Yao Yue would preferably run but wearing fancy clothes painted a picture of a noble. And since his robes were... well, outstandingly fancy- even though they were black and sage grey; were obviously made from the finest silk and linen proved a stark contrast to the earthy colors and cotton robes commoners wore- those who came across him can't exactly be blamed for assuming this man was a very high-ranking noble. Perhaps even a guest of the emperor. And then there were his features too; his eyebrows obviously furrowed in the middle and his lips parted at times, revealing glimpses of tightly clenched teeth. If this wasn't his best expression, it did nothing to obscure how beautiful the man was. Even rays of sunlight that hit the pure unblemished skin and silky ebony locks seemed to worship him.