Going somewhere

"OIIII! PHOENIX BOOYYYY!!!!!!"

*BAM

Yao Yue groaned in irritation. For someone as fanatic as 'him' regarding grace and beauty, this was clearly not a prime example.

Oh....now he had a broken door.

Lang Jie flopped on his side onto the table Yao Yue was at, creating a little puff. Not too much, but strong enough to send the top of the letter Yao Yue was reading in a violent flap.

"You totally missed the fun!"

"Oh? We do not share the same principle of fun," he said witholding as much annoyance as he could. He briefly folded the parchment and kept it in his right sleeve.

"Haiya. You're so boring, you know that?" Lang Jie rolled on his back and his arms lazily followed.

"If you're going to roll around, a bed is more comfortable. Just saying." He got up and left, intending to put as much distance between them. He just wanted to be alone.... somewhere he was free to read that letter for the umpteenth time.

"Later, we're going to the village. Wanna join?" Lang Jie stretched, completely ignoring Yao Yue's words.

"What business do I have in human settlements?"

"Ha? Is that a yes or a no?"

"No."

"Hai.... we knew you'd say that. Da ge is going too." He made sure to add extra emphasis to that last sentence.

"....................."

"HA! Right there," Lang Jie got up excitedly and pointed an accusing finger at his younger half-brother, " You hesitated! Just follow your heart and go with us."

"I find it unbelievable you'd use the same lie thrice," Yao Yue muttered, curses threatening to spill forth from those lips. The second time he fell into their trap, he was outraged for biting the bait he encountered before. No. He would not be persuaded.

"But Da ge is going this time! All of us brothers are going! This time is different!" Lang Jie pushed insistently.

"Your lure is pretty, but even a fish knows better than to bite the same lure," he replied coldly.

"Oh fine..... I know you'll come along anyway. Letcha think about it."

He hopped off the table and ran off. Both without noise.

The single second Yao Yue lost sight of that pink-clothed....brother, he took out the letter and unfolded it: 

____________________________________________________________________________

Xiao Yue 

I apologize for my absence when you wake up. I have not gone anywhere. Just that I have been suddenly summoned for an emergency meeting at court.

It will be quite a long meeting, as there are a number of issues to discuss, so please do not trouble yourself to wait for me.

I wish I could stay with you until you wake up but I have duties as the eldest prince.

I didn't want to rouse you to tell you I might not be able to spend much time with you today because you look so cute when you sleep. I do not want to force the petals of a flower open. Let the morning rays of the sun coax you to rise.

_____________________________________________________________________________

The delicate parchment was crumpled as he buried his face into it and a muffled squeal was made.

Everything about this letter was just too perfect. The more he read it, the better it got.

And he ran off (in a similar fashion to Xiulan) to who-knows-where; all he needed was to get regulate his blood pressure back to normal.

Coincidentally, he passed by the same garden Xiulan went to the night before and stopped there.

He was there not to go head first into spring water..... but something caught his eye. Is that a crane dancing in the lake?

He came forward, quietly making his way to the pavilion to get a better view of this thing; and whatever dance it was doing. Those moves were..... strange to say in the least: it lacked in form but was done with confidence. He drew the conclusion the animal probably had no idea what it was doing.

Yao Yue watched with great interest as the large white bird did a series of short hops and flaps. Then it tucked its wings and its head swooped down low as it quickstepped forward. A small spin and it raised its head, beak and wings ,which were spread magnificently, towards the sky.

Yao Yue was sure he had never seen this crane before but there was something almost familiar about it.

He's not much of a dancer but neither is the bird.

From the pavilion, a dragon emerged and glided across the lake. Its talons purposefully grazed the surface to produce ripples. In perfect timing, just as the dragon went skyward, the white bird took off and met with the black serpent in the air, above the centre of the lake.

They circled in the air before the crane began to slow down and allowed the dragon to spiral around him. Then with poise, he fluttered down, the dragon following, and both finished; claw and talon creating two concurrent ripples on the clear surface of the lake.

Xiulan.....It is you!