Epilogue - What Was Lost

"Darcy?" Vess called, snapping her fingers in front of the bard's face. "Could you stop spacing out and help us figure out where we are?"

"Hm?" Darcy tugged her gloves more securely to cover the back of her hand. Even after all these years the red lines of the lily still looked as crisp as the day they'd first branded her skin. On dark nights it glowed beneath its leather covering. The other hadn't seen it yet but it was only a matter of time before they did and the questions flowed.

The last embers of the fire burned beneath the pink sky as the sun rose ahead of them. "Crates are loaded up," Appall called from up ahead where he leaned against their rickety cart. Three large crates full of specially brewed ale were strapped down in the back. Meep made soft chittering noises from on top of one, watching the goose as it ran by.

That vishook would be a handful when it was full grown.

Darcy brushed the dust from her pants and brushed a hand over her ear out of habit. Several earrings decorated not only her earlobe but the top as well. A gold chain trailed from the top to the lobe on one side and three smaller chains attached the outer edge in crisscrossing loops. At the top of her ear was one gold hoop with a pink quartz. It warmed quickly under her hand. "Let's get going then, campers. We've got some happy juice to deliver."

Before she could move forward, Vess grabbed her by the bicep. "Are you sure you're alright?"

"Better than alright. In fact, I have a song to prove how alright I am," Darcy announced.

Both of her companions groaned. "No more spooky flute music please, I'm begging you," Vess sighed. She left Darcy to walk by the front of their little procession.

Darcy watched them bicker for a minute before running to catch up. "If music is out then let me regale you with a tale of how I helped save the world from a band of mind controlling musicians!"

 "If music is out then let me regale you with a tale of how I helped save the world from a band of mind controlling musicians!"