4: 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠

LEGEND - Languages
╰┈➤ Japanese: normal text
╰┈➤ English: italicized text
╰┈➤ Tagalog/Filipino: bold text

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

Shouta sat in between his loudmouth friends as they awaited the arrival of the two strange girls they encountered yesterday. And honestly? Did he think this was a good idea?

Not one bit.

Could he convince his friends otherwise?

Of course not.

So there he sat, waiting for something he hoped he wouldn't dread in the future.

"I could be in bed right now." He grumbled, shrinking down onto the sofa they shared.

Oboro only beamed at him, "Aw that's no fun! Come on, lighten up! I'm sure they'll be here aaaanytime now,"

'For someone who invited a couple of strangers he seemed pretty optimistic,' Shouta thought. He watched as Oboro scanned the cafe. At the moment, it was fairly empty.

Only two tables were occupied: One by them, and another by a lovely girl who seemed to be going through her notes. Given how often the three had seen her in the same seat, it was safe to assume that she was a regular at the cafe. "There she is again," Oboro would mention every now and then.

Other than those few times, there was nothing much to take note of.

Suddenly, the cafe door swung open, quickly catching Shouta's attention. When two new customers walked in, Oboro rose to his feet and started waving his arm while Hizashi shifted comfortably in his seat. Keia and Hime had arrived.

As they made their way towards the table, Oboro greeted them, "Hey! You guys made it!"

"Yo and would you look at that," Hizashi snickered jokingly, "In dry and clean clothes too!"

Hime whirled to face Keia in an instant, "Oh yeah, that reminds me, how'd it go with the blood stains back home?"

Her friend averted her gaze, "Let's not talk about it, yeah?"

After sharing a laugh (not including Shouta), the girls took their seats on the opposite couch. After adding some additional orders for the two, the discussion began.

Shouta hoped his friends knew what to do if things went south.

° ° °

"So about yesterday..." Keia started. She occasionally stole glances from Hime, but that proved useless as she was too busy scarfing down the food on her plate.

'What you get when your friend doesn't eat breakfast 😒'

Keia took a deep breath and clasped her hands together, "To get things straight, we can't really tell you anything about what happened yesterday..."

Shouta immediately frowned at this, "What do you mean you can't?"

At his question, Keia lightly nudged Hime with her elbow. As a result, she immediately put her sandwich down and cleared her throat, "What we're trying to say is we can't tell you anything yet,"

Normally, the other two would be yapping like puppies but Shouta was surprised to see that they were both eagerly listening to what they had to say. Shouta raised a brow, urging them to continue.

"Hime and I decided that it would be best if we waited until we were ready to talk about what happened," Keia explained in a more sincere tone, "Honestly, even now we're still trying to process it all. So, we hope you could wait until then,"